Recent Topics

1 Mar 17, 2005 02:29    

Dev Gurus and fellow CVS hackers,

Just FYI, the 'Read More' link isn't working for me. I am curring rev1.92 and I have multiple blogs all with absolute URLs. i.e. www.domain1.com and www.domain2.com.

Clicking on 'Read More' directs me to a URL like http://www.domain.com/index.php/2005/03/15/p169#more169 sadly this retrieves the exact same page - not showing the rest of the post.

I've made a temporary workaround (albeit a flawed one) by replacing lines 723-726 of /evocore/_item.class.php with the following 4 lines:

$output .= $before_more .
	'<a href="'.$this->gen_permalink( 'pid', $more_file ).'?more=1">'.
	$more_link_text.'</a>' .
	$after_more;

The problem with this is that now it shows the rest of all the posts when 'Read More' is clicked :(. Not ideal obviously but it may be of use to some other people throwing caution to the wind and working with the CVS version ;).

2 Mar 17, 2005 19:37

Matthius, what revision of _item.class.php are you referring to? The latest CVS version from today?

I'd like to take a look at it and fix it, but it would help more if you would also quote what you've replaced..

Thank you.

3 Mar 23, 2005 20:07

Hi Blueyed,

Sorry it took me so long to reply to this - I've been at a conference. According the the header, the version of _item.class.php I modified is:

* @version $Id: _item.class.php,v 1.18 2005/01/25 15:07:22 fplanque Exp $

At the bottom of the script however the last revision is:

* Revision 1.66  2004/10/12 16:12:17  fplanque
 * Edited code documentation.

Obviously those numbers don't line up but perhaps it will make more sense to you.

Regarding my modification, I replaced lines 723-726

'<a href="'.$this->gen_permalink( 'pid', $more_file ).'#more'.$this->ID.'">'.
			$more_link_text.'</a>' .
			$after_more;

with

'<a href="'.$this->gen_permalink( 'pid', $more_file ).'?more=1">'.
			$more_link_text.'</a>' .
			$after_more;

this makes the more text appear, but as I mentioned before its a lousy fix because it doesn't show only the post (it shows all the posts).

I hope this helps.

Take care,
- Matt

blueyed wrote:

Matthius, what revision of _item.class.php are you referring to? The latest CVS version from today?

I'd like to take a look at it and fix it, but it would help more if you would also quote what you've replaced..

Thank you.

4 Mar 24, 2005 02:36

I think the real problem here is the "directory" parsing code - namely it doesn't seem to work at all. To fix the more links though I found better hack than my previous one.

1st change line #297 (in the same version of /evocore/_item.class.php as before) from:

if( ! $Settings->get('links_extrapath') )

to:

if(true)

then change lines 723-726 from:

'<a href="'.$this->gen_permalink( 'pid', $more_file ).'#more'.$this->ID.'">'.
			$more_link_text.'</a>' .
			$after_more;

to:

'<a href="'.$this->gen_permalink( 'pid', $more_file ) . '">'.
			$more_link_text.'</a>' .
			$after_more;

This effectively disables the pretty "directory" links for more links and perma-links (possibly other stuff as well).

As I said before caveat emptor - its not adviseable to trust half-baked un-tested patches to CVS versions of software. ...but hey, it worked for me. I'll post more later if I have time to actually solve the parsing problem I believe to be causing all this.

Any devs out there know that I'm talking about? Any ideas what might be wrong? Who's working on that portion of the code anyway.

5 Mar 24, 2005 02:59

I feel obligated to mention that the "directory" links can be disabled through the admin interface (the extra-path info option) doing so will fix the read more and calendar links problems. So for those experimenters who don't want to follow me on my wild goose chase don't have to.

- M

Form is loading...