Recent Topics

1 Mar 23, 2005 00:41    

I've installed b2evo on Apache 2.x and MySQL 4.x. The install went fine db tables loaded just fine as well. I'm using the auto generated password to login to backoffice, but it just reloads the login page. After viewing the apache error logs I found it was looking for the file '{webroot}/b2evolution/blogs/htsrv/styleswitcher.js' which did not exist in that directory but rather in '{webroot}/b2evolution/blogs/admin/styleswitcher.js'. I copied the file to the htsrv directory and the error in the apache log ceased but the login still fails the same way. Any ideas?

2 Mar 23, 2005 02:13

Does it say that the password is wrong?
What is the URL in the browser address bar
a) with the first login attempt
b) with the next attempts?

I first thought of a MySQL 4.1 password problem, but we're using MD5() to store it internally.

Have you checked upper/lowercase?

3 Mar 23, 2005 02:28

the URL is {base_url}/admin on the first login attempt and all attempts thereafter. The password has been entered with correct case. I've even dropped all tables and installed new, then used the new autogenerated passwd to login. Cookie support is confirmed on the browser and the server. Still it reloads the login page. Also, I updated the password in the evo_users table using MD5('mypasswd') and still the same effect.

5 Jun 01, 2005 19:20

I'm also having this exact issue. I cannot login to my blog at all. Anyone know whats happening or how to possibly fix?

Using 9.0.12

6 Jun 01, 2005 19:33

well, looks like it was just an issue with the skin. I was using MT_dot_org skin which apparently broke due to upgrade.

7 Apr 29, 2006 09:43

I have still this problem , what to do please ?

8 Apr 29, 2006 17:36

graziano, please give more info.

Is $_POST empty, when you put

var_dump($_POST);

e.g. in /conf/_config.php or /conf/hacks.php?

Also, which PHP version are you using?

Which b2evo version, etc..

When you have problems, please think about providing as much info as possible! Help requests like yours often just get ignored, because noone has fun with asking the obvious questions.

10 Apr 29, 2006 19:58

See the linked post for an explanation of this issue. It's not a b2evo bug.

Form is loading...