Recent Topics

1 May 21, 2005 10:30    

I am wondering if this is possible! I wrote a blog all last year..and I want to start a new one...but dont want to delete the old one..so i started a new categorie for 2005...but i want to make the 2004 blog private...so that my readers can no longer read it...is it possible to do this?

2 May 21, 2005 11:30

No, You can not make a category private, only indivudual posts

3 May 28, 2008 20:15

Hi Topanga.

Has this changed over the years? Can categories be made private?
I want to be able to dedicate certain categories to specific users.

4 May 31, 2008 17:31

amoun, is there a reason why you don't give all those user a blog, and then aggragate those blogs in 1 big one.

5 May 31, 2008 18:09

Hi Topanga.
I haven't any experience of aggregating so I'm not sure how it would work. But I shied away from making separate blogs as I thought that would be too much trouble and use a lot more database.

I'll do a trial run

Thanks

6 May 31, 2008 18:54

a diferent blog does not use more 'database' then a difeerent category.
I advise to just play a little with the different blogs, find out how youcan make them accessable only for certain members (so member A writes in blog A, member C in blog c,...) and still aggregate all those blogs in 1 'overall' blog, where everybody can read, but none can write...

7 Jun 01, 2008 00:43

Thanks again.
I was coming to that notion that the data base might not be the issue.

I will try the blog idea. The notion is to have only admin and a single user or maybe a few access certain files, viewing included.

Will post an update when I'm happy.

Form is loading...