Recent Topics

1 May 31, 2005 17:46    

Hello,

this is what i am trying to achieve. I am the admin and I have created a blog (MAIN) of my own with categories.

second step: I created a user dummy with permissions of BLOGGER and I want to achieve the following.

[list] The user should not be able to edit or do anything on my blog(MAIN).

The user should be able to create his or her own blog.[/list:u]

is this possible? Right now when i log in as dummy I get the following message.

Since you're a newcomer, you'll have to wait for an admin to authorize you to post. You can also e-mail the admin to ask for a promotion. When you're promoted, just reload this page and you'll be able to blog. :)

2 May 31, 2005 19:13

They can't create their own blog. You'll need to give each user permission to do whatever you want for each blog (make the blog, click on the blogs tab, select the blog and then click on permissions).

3 Apr 27, 2007 11:36

Does anyone know where you can change this message (Since you're a newcomer, you'll have to wait for an admin to authorize you to post.)

4 Apr 27, 2007 12:17

inc/control/items/b2edit.php ( approx lines 154 - > 160 )

if( !$blog )
		{
			$Messages->add( sprintf( T_('Since you\'re a newcomer, you\'ll have to wait for an admin to authorize you to post. 
You can also <a %s>e-mail the admin</a> to ask for a promotion. 
When you\'re promoted, just reload this page and you\'ll be able to blog. :)'),
											'href="mailto:'.$admin_email.'?subject=b2-promotion"' ), 'error' );
			$action = 'nil';
			break;
		}

¥

5 Apr 27, 2007 20:29

Cool, thanks Yabba.

6 Apr 28, 2007 15:21

isserializable wrote:

Hello,

this is what i am trying to achieve. I am the admin and I have created a blog (MAIN) of my own with categories.

second step: I created a user dummy with permissions of BLOGGER and I want to achieve the following.

The user should not be able to edit or do anything on my blog(MAIN). The user should be able to create his or her own blog.[/list:u] is this possible? Right now when i log in as dummy I get the following message. Since you're a newcomer, you'll have to wait for an admin to authorize you to post. You can also e-mail the admin to ask for a promotion. When you're promoted, just reload this page and you'll be able to blog. :)[/quote] I want to do this too!!! why isn't it possible? www.blogs.se is doing this too!!

7 Apr 28, 2007 15:48

Graham wrote:

They can't create their own blog. You'll need to give each user permission to do whatever you want for each blog (make the blog, click on the blogs tab, select the blog and then click on permissions).

Same question, same answer.

Form is loading...