Recent Topics

1 Jun 02, 2005 23:14    

Hello,

I'm looking for a way to place a login form somewhere on my website but outside b2evolution... so that my users can login direclty to their blog.
Any lead would be greatly appreciated. Regards,

ab

2 Jun 03, 2005 06:23

This should work:

<form action="/blogs/admin/" method="post" class="fform">

<fieldset>

<div class="center"><span class="notes">You will have to accept cookies in order to log in.</span></div>

<fieldset>
			<div class="label"><label for="log">Login:</label></div>

<div class="input"><input type="text" name="log" id="log" size="16" maxlength="20" value="" class="large" /></div>
		</fieldset>

<fieldset>
			<div class="label"><label for="pwd">Password:</label></div>
			<div class="input"><input type="password" name="pwd" id="pwd" size="16" maxlength="20" value="" class="large" /></div>
		</fieldset>

<fieldset>

<div class="input">
				<input type="submit" name="submit" value="Log in!" class="search" />
			</div>
		</fieldset>
	</fieldset>
</form>

I just viewed the source of my login page and copied that code. Make sure that action="/blogs/admin/" matches your path to the b2evolution admin area. You may want to use an absolute url if you're going to include this in more than one place outside of the web root. If the page you're dropping this into is a php file, then you may want to dig around and get some code so that it only displays when you're not already logged in. But this should do the trick.

3 Jun 03, 2005 13:12

thanx buddy... appreciate the help... I will try this

4 Jan 02, 2006 05:11

Unfortunately, this didn't work for me. After entering my username and PW, the form takes me to the login screen provided by b2. I set the action to go to my admin section - /main/english/admin/ - but it just asks me to login again.

I also tried using the action:

/main/english/index.php?blog=2&amp;paged=1&amp;page=1

as found on the actual login page... and while this takes me to the blog page... it doesn't give me an error message if I enter the incorrect pw or id.

I need to know how to get this login working properly, and how do i create my own error message if someone enters the wrong id and pw?

My blog is not put in my root folder so any help I can get with making this login work would be great. Thanks.

Form is loading...