Recent Topics

1 Jun 07, 2005 17:48    

Hi Guys,

I've set up B2evo (latest version) on my site. Everything's going on fine except the feed behaviour with Bloglines.

I've added my blog to my bloglines account (tried every different feed) and no matter which of the feeds I use, everytime I post a new article I doesn't pops up on my bloglines. I've wait for more than three hours since the last post, and still the newest article doesn't shows. If I delete the feed and add it again it's the same.

All of the feeds are valid (feedvalidator). I've tried with two other readers, Sharpreader for client based, and Feedness (like bloglines in spanish) and it works well, the new messages lpops up shortly after being added.

My blog is at: http://blogs.planetachat.com

Any ideas ?

2 Jun 09, 2005 07:10

I've noticed that Bloglines is indexing less often than they used to. Some of my sites are only getting indexing once or twice a day. Try contacting Bloglines and let them know. They usually get back to me when I contact them and they get things fixed.

3 Jun 10, 2006 05:30

personman wrote:

I've noticed that Bloglines is indexing less often than they used to.

Sorry personman, but I have to disagree with you there. :)

Just had to ban Bloglines from accessing my site. 847 hits on my RSS feed today alone!

Emailed them about it, and their only response was "We don't control what our users request. So you'll just have to ban our IP address."

So consider that done, unfortunately. I like the extra visitors, but somehow I SERIOUSLY doubt there's THAT many people requesting my blog's feed a day.

4 Jun 12, 2006 01:04

Note that my post was one year ago. They've ramped up their indexing bot in that time. They've also added a pinging api, so I now send them a ping when a new post is published, so they'll scan the feed. Is 847 hits from a bot putting you in some kind of bandwidth bind? Are you going to ban Google, too? The whole point of RSS is that it's light weight so it can be indexed often. Bloglines is a good service and if you ban them you'll be losing visitors.

5 Jun 12, 2006 04:48

It's not putting me in a bind, but to me, that's a rather excessive number of hits in such a short time.

As a comparison, Google tops out with a whopping 71 hits per day on my RSS feed, as the next highest on the list. MAJOR difference there. :)

Form is loading...