Recent Topics

1 Jun 15, 2005 17:50    

Hi

I am quite new to b2evolution, but everything seems to work just fine and dandy :-)

I am creating a blog for the public library I work in. I would like to give different kinds of useraccess to my blog.

I would like make a user, that can only write new posts, but does not have to login!!! :!:

If I create a user and write the login and password on the login page, then a malicious user can edit the posts that everyone has written or change the password and make everybody wait until it has been restored. <not nice>

Can you automatically generate a new username and password, every time the login page has been loaded, or is there a really nice feature I simply cannot find in the documentation or forums.

So how do I open up the blog even more :)

Well I hope someone has a brilliant idea

Thanks
Michael

2 Jun 15, 2005 18:49

Can you automatically generate a new username and password, every time the login page has been loaded,

urmm, so how can you tell if it's one of your users or me that's just loaded your login page ?

What you can do is, set the cookies expiration date to a silly amount of days and then get the users to login (manually) and say "yes" to cookies, then they won't need to login for silly amount of days again (from that computer) unless they logout.....however, it also means that anyone using that computer is logged in as well

¥

3 Jun 15, 2005 19:13

Well if you write the automatically generated password just above the login text, then the anonymous user could use that login/password, and I or the staff could use the login/password that we have chosen, with admin settings.

I do not quite grasp the idea of setting the cookie (Where do you exactly configure that), and wouldn’t it mess up the commentary field, and the possibility of logging in by my 10-20 different users I have set up in the system :?:

Maybe it isn’t very simple, but I would like any John Doe to write an entry in my blog, and still be able to administrate it. Is it possible to make a guest user without any privileges other that being able to write one entry, and nothing else.

Thank You for the fast reply :D
I am probably just being difficult.

4 Jun 15, 2005 19:33

Ahh, it's a bit clearer what you're after now.

It would leave you wide open to spamming, but it is possible.

¥

5 Jun 15, 2005 22:57

Nice to know it is possible :)
Soooo how do I go about either creating a new login/password or simple bypassing the login page and create a user that can only write new entries…
The latter would be the preferred method! :D

Hope someone has a brilliant solution to my problem. :D

6 Jun 16, 2005 18:44

I have been looking at the bookmarklet, and it seems to do some of the stuff i want.

How do i modify the bookmarklet to pass along a fixed user and password..... Then i could make an anonomous user...

Hope someone has fiddled with this :)

Form is loading...