Recent Topics

1 Jun 27, 2005 18:20    

Okay guys, I've managed to get this working with a little problem:

I've changed the homepage on my phone from the O2 MMC proxy relay to http://blogs.mikkysworld.com/mms.php?login=&pass=

I am able to send a message from my phone and it appears on my blogsite. However, the phone looks like it is sitting waiting for a response, and after a short time, it resets the network connection, connects to GPRS and sends the message again...rinse....repeat. Not healthy for the MMS message tarrif :D Not to mention spamming my own blog :D

Anyone had any success with MMS? Is there something I'm missing in the settings perhaps? The problem is that sending an email to my blog via the O2 message centre sticks its own advert message thing on it, so that's no good - and flickr only works when I'm sending a photo with it, it won't work for standard blog entries.

2 Jun 28, 2005 19:12

Is the _getmail.php file called and utilized at all during this process? It IS for an emailed blog entry and I ran into a similar issue (entry posted, but sent again and again) because of a failure to ping blo.gs.

The solution was to turn off the ping to blo.gs in the back office, bypassing the error message, allowing _getmail.php to finish it's work (the last thing it does, is delete the emailed blog entry, stopping the rinse, repeat cycle).

I have no idea about cell phones and MMS to me, means "Mineral Management Service", but that's probably because I'm a geophysicist! ACK!

Hope this helps. :)

-stk

3 Jun 28, 2005 19:15

Yes Ive gotten the email stuff working by doing what you suggest so I know that the ping to blo.gs is turned off so it cant be that. The phone is expecting some sort of response from the message centre, so I think the mms.php script which is emulating a message centre proxy relay should send some kind of response. Unfortunately I have absolutely no clue about mms picture messaging protocols.

4 Jul 01, 2005 12:43

I'm not sure whether that would work in the UK, but I fixed nearly the same problem by NOT using the mms-gateway (nokia-phone + vodafone), but using the WAP-gateway.

The reason for using it this way:
You are just sending something, that is similar to a mms and also is handled as a mms, but is has not to use the mms-gateway, why ever...

Hope that helps...

5 Jun 18, 2006 20:49

Ok, I want to post to my blog using mms, but I cant find what server code to put in the phone, can some one tell me or better yet show me what the full server address I put in a cell phone should look like ?

7 Aug 24, 2006 01:46

I've having some problems with this as well..

Because I have a Sony Ericson phone with a 50 char limit on the message server I've put a copy of the mms.php file (that can be found in the cron directory in v1.8.1) in a directory called just m at the same level as cron

I've set the message server on my phone to
http://bold.domain.co.uk/m/mms.pho?pass=mypassword

Again because of the sony limit I've edited mms.php to set a default user, category etc. (at line 26 in mms.php)

param( 'login', 'string', 'myuser', true );
param( 'pass', 'string', 'mypassword', true );
param( 'cat', 'integer', $default_category, true );

I can look at the mms.php page in a browser and no errors are displayed, but when I try to send an mms from the phone I get a message on the phone: "Sending Failed Unsupported Content". Not info is posted and I get the same message if the mms has pictures or just text or is even empty.

With no other diagnostics available I'm at a loss what to check next. Is it network? Is it server? Any advice would be welcome. I was trying to set this up so I can update during my travels without having to find a PC.

My phone provider is O2 in the UK

8 Aug 27, 2006 15:35

I need help trying to get my phone set up to mms a photo to the blog. Does anyone have a good how to for a Sony W810i phone, Im using vodafone in germany.

9 Aug 27, 2006 16:07

Well I got all excited when I got the message there had been a post here, because it would be the first response I've got on these forums. Eithe the community is not so active on b2evo as other blog software or I have tough problems.

Sadly it's just someone else asking for help, hope you get some Steig.

I'll add the extra information I've found out since my first post.

I've installed similar software for Wordpress - I still have the same problems.
That software has more diagnostics but I'm not getting any so it looks as if the message isn't reaching the server on my host.

I've borrowed an Orange PAYG phone (T610) and tried posting from that I also have problems - "communication error" instead of "unrecognised content"

This is making it sound like it's a phone setup problem - or the networks are blocking access to mms servers other than their own.

10 Aug 27, 2006 16:47

I have been reading all day about this mms business, I have a hard time getting around people saying to use flicker or some other web site to up load a mms to my online server, its seems to me I'm paying all this money for server space every month there has to be a program out there that would allow a b2e user to just shoot that video off to my server with out having to use youtube or flicker, after all they are just renting space on the net like us small folk.

Form is loading...