Recent Topics

1 Jul 22, 2005 14:03    

I would like to use b2evolution only for personal blogs for the users on my site. Something like blogger.com.
But i cant understand very much the whole settings. I think is much complicated for the use i want it.
For example i dont find a way to add user info in the right side bar ( avatar, nickname, real name, location, etc... )
In plain words i want to create a replica of blogger.com or something very similar.
I am waiting for your help ;)

2 Jul 22, 2005 14:39

Create a second blog for each user and set it as their linkblog. Whatever they post to that will show up in the sidebar. They could put an avatar there, or whatever they want.

3 Jul 22, 2005 14:41

Can you give me maybe a working example of that you said ?
A URL maybe ?
So i can see it first and then decide if it is what i want.
Thank you again.

4 Jul 22, 2005 15:31

OK. I make it by myself and you are once again right.
Is working like charm.
But now i have another problem :(
I dont want users to see the links for every Blog on the right side bar.
Those links are displayed only in the Homepage and not in the other Blog pages.
Take a look here : http://yngwiedis.no-ip.com/blogs
Is there any way to avoid this ?
Thank you B)

5 Jul 22, 2005 15:38

For those blogs you don't want a direct link on your homepage :
In your backoffice (adminpanel)
goto the tab bogs - general - default display options - Include in public blog list: no

6 Jul 22, 2005 15:47

If i do this i will not have the small buttons on the top.
And i want to have those :)

7 Jul 22, 2005 16:24

What you are seeing on the home page side bar is not the bloglist, but the category list. It shows each blog title and all the categories in that blog. I don't think there is any way to only show the categories for the personal blogs and not the linkblogs. You can create a second skin to use on your blog all (home page) and remove the code that displays the category list.

8 Jul 22, 2005 16:26

Can you tell me then what code part i have to remove and in what file ?

9 Jul 22, 2005 17:57

Do a search in the file _main.php (in the folder for your skin.) for the word Categories. There is a line that includes the _categories.php file. Just comment that out and the category list shouldn't display. One problem with this is that if you're using the same skin for blog all as you are for your individual blogs, then the category list will be gone from the individual blogs, too. You can fix that by making a second skin, based on the first, and only apply the changes to it.

10 Jul 22, 2005 18:05

I uderstand what you mean.
So for example... I have to set Custom as the Blog All skin and Custom2 for all other Blogs.
Right ?

12 Jul 22, 2005 18:16

I just did it.
I comment out the correct line and i upload the whole skin again in a new folder called custom2.
I change the skin for Blog All to custom2 and is working like the way i want :)
So this is all the help i want.
I can now open the Blog Site for my friends.

THank you very very very very much personman for all of you help and Topanga for his willing to help.
You are great guys :D

Form is loading...