Recent Topics

1 Jul 26, 2005 01:19    

I have b2Evolution hosted on dreamhost.com. I can use any mod_rewrite module provided by opensource program such as mambo, wordpress, and etc... But when I activate extra-path info check-box, then I reload the index.php page, I couldn't access any link.

It just seems that the htaccess is not working at all. Can somebody help me with this?

It's all default installation, and I just want to have the address on my blog to appear as they are accessing static page.

This is what I already did, rename the sample.htaccess file into .htaccess. I also check the extra-path info. Do I need to do anything else?

I read almost all of the thread regarding about mod_rewrite and permalink. They are all so confusing, and I don't know where to start, because even the basic installation can't work on me.

Arghh.. I'm desperate and confused now ^_^;;;;

Than k you guyss...

2 Jul 26, 2005 05:03

If I remember correctly, I had to not only rename the sample.htaccess file, but I had to uncomment the last line in the file to get that to work (on Apache 2).

3 Jul 26, 2005 08:02

I tried that, but it gives me a server error warning.

Any other suggestion?

4 Jul 26, 2005 08:20

It is possible that your server does not accept 'extra path info'
That's why it is possible to deselect it

5 Jul 26, 2005 15:07

I recently switched to dreamhost and extra-path info hasn't worked since the switch. I contacted support and they said that mod_rewrite is enabled. Is there anything else I need or any other questions I could ask them?

6 Jul 26, 2005 15:11

personman, as far as my experience with dreamhost, the mod_rewrite is supported by dreamhost, because I could get most of OpenSource script such as Mambo, ezPublish, and etc to work with mod_rewrite, but when it comes to b2evolution, it doesn't work at all.

Anybody have any idea, why it's not working? I mean, if other script able work just fine with dreamhost mod_rewrite setting, why wouldn't b2evolution?

Thank you

7 Jul 26, 2005 15:56

personman, as far as my experience with dreamhost, the mod_rewrite is supported by dreamhost, because I could get most of OpenSource script such as Mambo, ezPublish, and etc to work with mod_rewrite, but when it comes to b2evolution, it doesn't work at all.

But thanks to this wonderful reply. When you said, "I recently switched to dreamhost and extra-path info hasn't worked since the switch.", now I realize that the problem is not from the script, but rather from the host. Thanks to that, now it works just fine for me. Do you want to know how to fix this in dreamhost personman?

All the default config for new domain or subdomain, the "Run PHP as CGI?" is being checked. It is located under Domains >> Web. Or you can go to Domains >> Manage, and click on the edit link right next to your domain name or subdomain that you use to run your b2evolution. Unchecked that "Run PHP as CGI?" and you're set to go.

*** Problem solved!!!

Best regards,

8 Jul 26, 2005 16:07

djamoer, you are awesome! Thank you. That fixed the problem for me, too.

Form is loading...