Recent Topics

1 Jul 26, 2005 01:35    

Hi,

I don't know whether this topic had been posted by other users or not. I believe this is the major drawback of b2evolutioin, which causing the production of template in b2evolution is not as much as compare to other blog script.

Before I continue further into my Features Request ^_^ I would like to give two thumbs up to Francois, for making this wonderfull available to all of us. As far as my research, looking for an open source blog software, I find out that b2evolution features to be more powerfull compare to other bloging software, and one of the powerfull feature that b2evolution has is evoskin system.

I don't know about what other people think about templating system in most open source software, but as far as my concern goes, most of them are limited due to the nature of templating system. I figure out that by having access to the actual PHP code to generate the output will have more flexibility in generating a variety of templates.

SO here is my feature request, I'm not proposing of using a class such as patTemplate or smarty, but wouldn't it be nicer, if we have a specific place that will have some documentation for the variables, functions, arrays, and etc that can be use to generate the basic outputing for b2evolution? I mean, for a beginner like me, it's really frustrating to go over the forum and search for help, and reading the whole code and trying to understand each line of code. I would suggest that having a place like that will allow some template mods that were contributed all the users in here to be posted in there, with exception, only the mods that was approved by moderator.

This is just an idea from me, to help other newbie get into the taste of this powerfull software, it's just so unfortunate for them to stuck with other bloging software, due to the fact that they don't know how to make their own template ^_^

Anybody agree with me? ^_^ Anyway, if I offense somebody in here, pardon me please... :) I'm just a newbie after all..

Best regards to Francois and the people that involved in the developement of this software.

DJAMOER

[EDIT]

I just edited the name of the post, to match the features request...

3 Jul 26, 2005 04:11

Thanks personman....

Might come in handy, when I start exploring the inside code of b2evolution. But my suggestion is more than this auto generated documentator. Thinking of making a more human readable format, which generates only the basic information for newbie to get started coding for template, as well as quite some advanced stuff for intermediate user to modify the code.

If possible, while I'm working on my site, I might come up with something, if I have some time to spent with documenting some of the basic templating knowledge.

Anyway, I got problem with permalink to show link as it's a static files. I posted them on the How To forum, but it seems nobody had replied to my thread yet. If somebody willing to help me, here is the link to the topic.
http://forums.b2evolution.net/viewtopic.php?t=4849

Thanks guys...
I really appreciate your response too personman. ;)

Form is loading...