Recent Topics

1 Jul 29, 2005 22:56    

I tried doing this on my own and I've searched the forums and the documentation intensively before I resigned myself to post about it.

Here's my setup:

My b2evolution installation is running on WIMP and I'm using the [u]custom[/u] skin.

I have exactly 36 weblogs (1 for each employee here) plus the "Blog All" and the Linkblog. I use my "Blog All" as it should be used, ie to display all new entries from all Weblogs on one blog. The Linkblog is gonna contain posts/links and display them in the "Blog All" sidebar in the categories section, just as if this section would be a "links" section.

=============

Here's my problem:

In the sidebar of my "Blog All" blog, in the Categories section I want only the Linkblog to appear there with his categories and the posts containing the links. The problem is I'm unable to make it so only the linkblog appears there (all other 36 weblogs also appear which makes it a mess).

In resume, right now in my "Blog All" blog, in the categories section, I see ALL the categories from ALL the weblogs .... with 36 weblogs it makes me a very long sidebar showing all categories from all weblogs.

All I want there is the Linkblog, I dont want any other weblog to appear in this section ... is this possible and if so, how ?

Thanks in advance, you are my last resort but Im not worrying since I trust this forum.

2 Jul 30, 2005 05:56

Make a separate skin for the blog all page and in it edit the _main.php and comment out the line of code that includes _categories.php.

3 Aug 01, 2005 15:04

I just saw there is already a section containing ONLY the linkblog, called Linkblog in the blog all page ... had I seen that before I wouldnt have asked and simply would have commented out the _categories section in the skin's _main.php.

Thanks a lot for the quick reply personman !

4 Aug 01, 2005 15:26

What is it that you want to be displayed on your blog all sidebar, the linkblog or the section of the categories that show the linkblog categories? Those are two different things. If you display the linkblog then you'll get all of the linkblog categories and all of the posts in those categories on your sidebar. If you only display the categories for the linkblog then you'll just see links for categories and not the posts themselves. If you only want to show the linkblog then get rid of the whole category section. If you want to show just the categories for the linkblog, then try this:

If you haven't done so already, copy all the files from the /skins/custom folder into a new folder to create the skin you're going to use for your blog all. I'll assume that you named the new folder custom-all and set your blog all to use this skin.

Delete /skins/custom-all/_categories.php Then copy /skins/_category.php into the custom-all folder to replace the file you just deleted. Now open up the new, longer /skins/custom-all/_categories.php and find this line

{ # by uncommenting the following lines you can hide some blogs
                //       if( $curr_blog_ID == 2 ) continue; // Hide blog 2...

and change it to look like this:

{ # by uncommenting the following lines you can hide some blogs
                       if( $curr_blog_ID != 4 ) continue; // Only show blog 4

If blog 4 isn't your linkblog, then change that to whatever number your linkblog is. Save that file to your webspace and now when you view your blog all page it should only show the categories for the linkblog.

5 Aug 05, 2005 17:43

I wanted to get rid of the "categories" section of my blog all sidebar, because it showed all categories from all blogs, so with 36 blogs the sidebar was HUGE.

I simply made a new skin for my blog all in which I commented out the categories section.

But I didnt know I could select which blogs would appear in that section, thats even better, since maybe I'll have to be selective in the futur !

Thanks personman for this solution that might prove useful later !

Form is loading...