Recent Topics

1 Aug 06, 2005 00:27    

Hi All, my blog has been down for over a month now because my webhost went out of business. Fortunately, I backed everything up the day before my site went down (BACKUP!!).

So, I have a new webhost, all of my php files, and a large sql file. I know how to import the php files to b2e, but I don't know what to do with the sql file. Can someone point me in the right direction?

Oriana claim [url=http://forums.b2evolution.net/viewtopic.php?t=2500&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=15]here[/url] that all she had to do was overwrite the database with hers and it worked. I've spent about 30 mins looking through phpmyadmin, and I can't see how to do that. Any tips?

Thanks,
Lenwood

2 Aug 06, 2005 01:23

Use the cpanel 'backup' function, only tell it to restore. Change your .sql file to match the name of the database then browse to it and upload it. To use phpmyadmin is a bit more work. Open the .sql file in an editor, and use the SQL option in phpmyadmin to slowly but surely copy/paste each table structure then content into your database.

This assumes you have a database to drop the stuff into! The only way I can create a database is to use fantastico to make an installation, grab the config file so I know the username and passwords, then add whatever tables and content I desire.

Form is loading...