Recent Topics

1 Aug 10, 2005 05:20    

How do i remove the limitations on coding in posts? I want to be able to add flash and other stuff like that through the posting form.

thanks, tyler

2 Aug 10, 2005 05:48

3 Aug 10, 2005 18:06

sorry, flash isnt the ONLY thing i want to be able to put into post. I need javascript and absolutely any kind of code i want to add... even the fact that quotes a required in all tags that have an "something="'s in them... I do i remove these kinds of limitations?

4 Aug 10, 2005 18:17

Ok, I see. Well, you have two options. You can customize the /conf/_formatting.php file to accept your various tags. That would take forever. Or, you can open up that same file and file the line that says

use_html_checker = 1;

and change it to

use_html_checker = 0;

I haven't tested this, but I think that will turn off all validation and let you post whatever you want. (You may want to make sure that the next line down is also set to 0. I'm not saying this is safe, so be careful. Again, I'm not sure that this is all you have to do to turn of the validation checker, so let me know if it does the trick.

5 Aug 10, 2005 18:38

Will that also turn off the validation in the comments as well? If so that could be mity dangerous.

6 Aug 10, 2005 20:33

Yes it will, and no, it's not really safe. What a lot of people do is turn it off, make your post, and then turn it back on again. Unless you edit the post, b2evo will quite happily let you keep the code in there. If you edit it, all you need to do it turn the checker off again.

7 Aug 10, 2005 23:03

and this will allow any tags at all?

thanks for all the help. tyler

Form is loading...