Recent Topics

1 Aug 16, 2005 03:05    

Hi,

I was wondering if there's an alternative to linkblog to parse a list of links on my blogs ? My friends and I would like different links list for each of our blog, so I tried creating 3 blogs (we are 3) that we could use as linkblogs. It was working pretty well until I realised even tho I unchecked both of these options, the blogs appear on the main page:

Display public blog list
Include in public blog list

I think it's my template (kubrick for b2evo) that makes ALL the blogs appear on the site.. so I need an alternative to linkblogs, to parse our links on our blogs without using an 'hidden' blog... :oops:

Thanks !
- Alex

2 Aug 16, 2005 03:09

It's not the skin. Blog-1 automatically always takes all posts from all blogs and displays them (assuming they are available for public display on the blog they were posted to). That means the way you are set up is good, but posts to your linkblogs will always end up showing up in blog 1.

One possible work-around is to edit the date a linkblog post is published. If you always change it to last month then, even though it really is showing up in blog-1, it won't be top of the list.

4 Aug 16, 2005 17:27

That's cool! Never saw that hack before. I'm gonna hafta implement it immediately so that I can have one more thing to try to migrate when a new release happens.

Form is loading...