Recent Topics

1 Aug 18, 2005 11:19    

Hi,

on the left of the main page of my blog, under recent comments, I have the names of those who left the comments.

A while ago, I removed the link that would allow you to have the comment of that person displayed.

Now I would like to have the link back for anyone who posts comments but I cannot remember how...

Anyone can help...? :oops:

2 Aug 18, 2005 15:17

<?php

$CommentList = & new CommentList( $blog, "'comment'", $show_statuses,'','','DESC','',5 );
   $CommentList->display_if_empty( '<div class="bComment"><p>'.T_('No comment yet...').'</p></div>' );

while( $Comment = $CommentList->get_next() )
   {   // Loop through comments:
      ?>
         <li><?php $Comment->author('','') ?> on <a href="<?php $Comment->permalink(); ?>" title="permalink to comment"><?php $Comment->Item->title(); ?></a>

</li>
<?php
   }
?>        </ul>

3 Aug 18, 2005 19:43

Thanks for the reply...

I don't remember which file I should modify,

_main.php
_feedback.php

or which else...?

Emilio.

4 Aug 18, 2005 20:21

Oh, sorry. That code goes in _main.php. It should replace whatever you have now for showing the most recent comments.

5 Aug 18, 2005 20:34

Thanks again for the reply...but there is a problem...

I verified the exisiting code in my _main.php with the code you sent me and they are identical in everything...

So, I am still stuck with the names on the left but no more possibility to click on them to see the comments.

Are you sure it is the _main.php I have to look at or is something else...?

Emilio.

6 Aug 18, 2005 20:45

on <a href="<?php $Comment->permalink(); ?>" title="permalink to comment"><?php $Comment->Item->title(); ?></a> 

That's the part that actually creates the link to the comment. Are you sure you have that?

7 Aug 18, 2005 21:05

Man,

I must have been still waking up...LOL

Sorry, I was checking the _main.php in the blog main folder instead of my skin's _main.php

If you don't mind me asking though, I see that the "link" is on the post title where the comment was left.

Is it possible to have the link on the name of the person who posted the comment without the title of the blog appearing...?

I mean...Now the link is on the title of the post to which a comment was left (www.lovesensualitydevotion.org/MyBlog)...

Is it possible to have the link to the comment within the name of who posted the comment and avoid the showing of the blog's title ?

Emilio.

8 Aug 18, 2005 21:09

Sure, try this code:

<li><a href="<?php $Comment->permalink(); ?>" title="permalink to comment on <?php $Comment->Item->title(); ?>"><?php $Comment->author('','') ?></a>

</li> 

-Danny

9 Aug 18, 2005 21:17

Thank you very much for your help, Danny.

I really appreciated it.

Now, everything is working just wonderfully and the last piece of code was sweet.

Now, the name of those who post comments appears in the list and I click on the name to get to the comment...

Wonderful...

:D

Thanks a lot...

Emilio.

www.lovesensualitydevotion.org
www.lovesensualitydevotion.org/MyBlog

Form is loading...