Recent Topics

1 Aug 20, 2005 13:08    

The User Management page (.../admin/b2users.php) doesn't show up when I try to go to it through my admin panel. It just shows up a page that says User Management on it, but nothing the relates to managing users. Can anyone help me with this?
Ben

2 Aug 20, 2005 14:25

Have you edited any core files?

4 Aug 20, 2005 14:41

Strange. Could you take a screenshot of what you see? I was going to suggest that your create a user account so we can log in and take a look, but you can't really do that, now can you? :)

6 Aug 21, 2005 03:31

I don't really have any good ideas about what's causing this. Here are some bad ideas:

1. Reinstall the core files. Download the zip again, unzip it and upload the admin, b2evocore, htsrv and xmlsrv folders again. Just overwrite what you have now. Maybe there's a bad file in there somewhere. Was this page ever working?

2. Try adding some variables onto the end of the url to see if you can make b2users.php cough up some content. Try these:

b2users.php?action=newuser
b2users.php?user=1

3. Totally reinstall in case your database got messed up (if your blog is brand new and you don't have posts to lose.)

4. Wait for someone with better ideas to reply to this thread.

7 Aug 21, 2005 03:53

The only thing I would add to personman's reply is to delete the folders before you upload replacement files. Delete them entirely, and make sure you are uploading from fresh zips. Grab the download again is what I mean.

Over the past couple of years there have been more than a handful of cases where a new installation freaked out in often unpredictable ways. You've got such a case: the user tab with absolutely no content and no error?

"Blow away what ain't workin' and start over with new files" seems to be a winning tool.

8 Sep 10, 2006 15:06

I'm having a similar problem. My user management page displays, but when I try to edit users I get the form and everything. However, there is no button to submit or save or anything. I've played with it a bit, and I thought that this would be the best place to ask a question like this. How do you edit user information and save the changes that you make?
Thanks.

9 Sep 10, 2006 16:39

nevernamed, may be the same memory-limit problem you have probably with the front end. Is the footer ("b2evolution [version] ...") visible on that page?

10 Sep 11, 2006 00:40

No. I do not see a footer. What is this memory problem that you are talking about and how do I correct it?

12 Sep 18, 2006 03:11

nevernamed wrote:

No. I do not see a footer. What is this memory problem that you are talking about and how do I correct it?

I am having this same problem? have you ever fixed it?

13 Sep 18, 2006 23:11

I set the debug to do what it does. the debug report will ahow up on everypage but the one I am having troubles with. I cannot edit the user info, there for I cannot change my user name or password... everything else seems to work and have the save button...

14 Sep 19, 2006 00:02

patdoody, take a look at the section "Blank pages" from the link above.

Have you changed "error_reporting" and "display_errors" settings? Probably not, because you would probably have seen a "memory exhausted" message then.

Please look at http://manual.b2evolution.net/System_requirements#memory_limit how to bump this.
It will probably not work, if your PHP installation is setup to use safe_mode.

Please try searching the forum and/or extend the manual accordingly, if something is unclear - this is really a FAQ.

15 Sep 19, 2006 03:55

Yeah I searched and the closest I could find was this thread... I already have my mem set to 16mb and on all of the debug reports the most mem usuage I saw was near 10mb... I will change those other setting and see what it says thanks for the help so far.

edit:

I contacted my webhost regarding the problem and they said that due to a server upgrade my .htaccess file got reverted back to the 8mb hopefully the 16mb limit will fix the problem

16 Sep 20, 2006 02:27

Sorry I haven't replied. I've been so busy at school. My math class is kicking my butt..
But I'll take a look at the manual and see if I can fix the problem. Then I'll try and help the other guy.
:-)

17 Sep 20, 2006 02:37

the 16mb mem upgrade made it work perfectly thanks for your help everyone.

18 Sep 23, 2006 00:31

I'm having a hard time finding the file that I'm supposed to edit. What is it called exactly? And what is the default location?
Thanks.

20 Sep 27, 2006 02:11

Okay. Yeah, it was the memory limit thing. Do I have to edit my php.ini file?
99% sure that's it.. but I wasn't sure if it was a b2 file setting also

21 Sep 27, 2006 02:19

If you have access to php.ini that's the best option.

22 Sep 27, 2006 02:52

so do the:
ini_set('memory_limit', '16M');
in the php.ini file?

23 Sep 27, 2006 19:12

No. Just search for "memory_limit" there and you shall find.

Form is loading...