Recent Topics

1 Aug 20, 2005 16:25    

Ok, now in retrospect, VegasNitro.com wasn't such a good name. I'm probably on the Pentagon's terrorist watch list, plus now, even worse, this website is telling me I am a spam referrer!

:?: Could any of you tell me how to be removed from this blacklist? And are there are any whitelists that you know of and to which I could tell how I am such a good guy and would never ever send spam?

Thx!

Hervé
www.vegasnitro.com

2 Aug 20, 2005 16:52

Seems "vegas" is on the ban list. I'm going to remove it from my local copies because it's a normal word as far as I can tell. Heck I link to sites with that in the domain name!

Hopefully Topanga will come by here eventually and get you off the banned keyword list, but if not try sending her a PM. I think she admins the centralized blacklist. Maybe Graham too. I saw a list of names of who takes care of that stuff. 4 names, but I can't remember for sure who is on it.

3 Aug 20, 2005 17:05

I also maintain the list. I tried searching for 'vegas' to see if it was on the list and get rid of it. But the way this is set up, it searches the urls of the people who report the abuse, too. Since you're so good about reporting abuse, most of the items that are on the list include your url in the reporters. So it may take a while to dig through and find the real vegas.

4 Aug 20, 2005 17:06

By the way, once it's gone from the blacklist, folks will still have to manually remove it from their local blacklist. The updates that you get from the central one only add items to your local list, they don't remove them. So, you can go ahead an manually remove the item on your blog, and I'll get rid of it so new blogs won't get that item added.

5 Aug 20, 2005 18:05

Ok, I pulled 'vegas' from the central blacklist. I just had to search for an exact match and put a space after vegas.

6 Aug 20, 2005 22:18

I'm locking the thread since the issue is resolved.

Form is loading...