Recent Topics

1 Aug 21, 2005 04:30    

I have an interesting issue with the use of stubfiles, and the default blog...

Here is how my setup looks:

domainname.com/blog/ <-- blog installed here
domainname.com/blog/stub1/ <-- BlogA
domainname.com/blog/stub2/ <-- BlogB
domainname.com/blog/stub3/ <-- BlogC
domainname.com/blog/stub4/ <-- LinkBlog

The problem is that when going to www.domainname.com/blog/ the sidebar for stub1 (i.e. blogA) is visible. However, the categories appear empty, and there are no posts visible... You have to manually click the link for stub1 to get to BlogA.

Is the only way to solve this to write a redirect from the main blog directory to the stub1 directory? I'd like to be able to type in domainname.com/blog/ and see blogA by default, not an empty page...

Is there a way to have domainname.com/blog/ AND domainname.com/blog/stub1/ BOTH show the blog at stub1?

On my other blog site, which is installed in a subdomain directory, when I go to subdomain.domain.com OR I go to subdomain.domain.com/stub1, both addresses take me to the same blog page (BlogA), and both of them show all the posts. I can't seem to find what is set up differently between the two.

jj.

2 Aug 21, 2005 05:31

I deleted the contents of index.php and replaced them with the entire contents of the stub1.php file (essentially there are now 2 stub1.php files, one is named stub1.php, the other is named index.php) This caused the contents of blogA (stub1) to display when just entering the domainname.com/blog/ URL.

So, it seems to work, BUT is this a safe thing to do?? Will this cause something else to break which I haven't noticed yet? It seems to me that all I've really done is hacked it together, but I'm wondering if there isn't something else misconfigured that made it function incorrectly in the first place...

jj.

Form is loading...