Recent Topics

1 Aug 23, 2005 21:20    

I had to delete one of my blogs, and then create a new one... The old blog ID (5) is now gone, and the new blog was created as ID6.

Is there any way, if I were to delete the new blog (6), to then go into the database and delete all reference to blog 5 & 6 so that if I created a new blog, it would again be given the ID of 5 ?

I'm not extremely familiar with mySQL to do this, and don't know if it's even something that's recommended or not. It's probably just me being too anal about the background structure, but I'd like to be able to remove all reference to the removed blogs so that everything is in a nice clean order...

jj.

2 Aug 23, 2005 23:32

I think it is possible (I seem to remember that I tried once), but it will probably screw up things if you don't know what you're doing. You could always make a backup of your database and try anyway...

What is basically happening is that each blog must have a unique ID, so it just has a sequential number form the last blog.

3 Aug 24, 2005 01:04

Does that number actually come into play anywhere? Should I be focusing on more important things than an empty number in the sequence of the blogs? :roll:

jj.

4 Aug 24, 2005 01:21

Should I be focusing on more important things than an empty number in the sequence of the blogs?

In my opinion, yes. I've never known that number to make any difference. It's probably not worth taking the risk of breaking your blog trying to change it.

Form is loading...