Recent Topics

1 Sep 13, 2005 18:24    

I have not looked specifically at how the "Blog All" blog is created code-wise, so I have no idea how difficult this would be, but I thought I'd throw it out there anyway.

I think it would be great if the "Blog All" thing was optional and configurable, so that you could pick any blog, and make it a combination of two or more other blogs. This way, you could still get the agregator blog functionality, but it would be optional and more flexible.

For example, I could create 3 blogs for me, with one "agregate blog" for those three, and three blogs for my wife, with one "agreagate blog" for them. Then I could create one "Blog All" that has all six combined, but doesn't include the linkblogs (a common complaint about "Blog All").

This would add flexibility, while eliminating the confusion for new users, who often delete everything except Blog 1, thinking that's all they need, but then run into problems later when they try to add a linkblog or a second blog.

I realize this is probably not a simple change, but hey, if you're gonna solicit feature requests, you have to expect some hard ones, right? :)

2 Sep 14, 2005 11:02

stub.php

# First, select which blog you want to display here!
# You can find these numbers in the back-office under the Blogs section.
# You can also create new blogs over there. If you do, you may duplicate this file for the new blog.

$blog = array( '2' , '4');   	// 2 is for "demo blog A" or your upgraded blog (depends on your install)

¥

Form is loading...