Recent Topics

1 Sep 18, 2005 02:22    

I just updated my blog to "Dawn" and I ran into some problems. I'm using "custom" skin and when I click on "Some viewing statistics", I am directed to the parental directory of "blog/skin/custom". Also, I can't seem to log out when I click on Logout(name) under the category Misc. The screen flashes white for a sec and I'm back at my homepage, but the blog says I'm still logged in. Has anyone ran had these problems before?

2 Sep 18, 2005 03:37

Did you upgrade *everything*? The custom skin no longer offers "some viewing statistics" is why I ask. You'll have to hack the core if you want publicly available stats. Basically removal of public stats sends a notice to spammers that b2evolution blogs aren't worth hitting.

I just logged out of my dawn test installation without issue. I don't know what code is different from v12 or v10 to dawn in that regard, but hey - I successfully logged out so that's all I know!

Hmmm... I wonder what my password is?

3 Sep 18, 2005 05:14

Thanks EdB. I didn't know the upgrade removed the public stats option on the main.php. I overwrote my newer version of main.php with my older version of main.php, leaving the "some viewing statistics" link on my blog.

Also, I solved my logout problem. I cleared my Temporary Internet Files and Cookies and my login system works again.

4 Sep 18, 2005 10:32

Temporary Internet Files? Please tell me you're not using IE? If you are, you must also like leaving the keys in your car hoping that no one will steal it...

[url=http://www.getfirefox.com]Firefox[/url] is much nicer to use, and it's incredibly more secure.

Form is loading...