Recent Topics

1 Sep 18, 2005 03:30    

I've searched the forums and looked at the "how to create a template" page (which didn't work for me) so I'm gonna throw this question up here now.

I'm using the latest b2evolution build and I'm using the kubrick2evo skin. The thing is that I wanted to create a static "about me" page. I'm aware what if I edit the sidebars and such I will have to edit in two places, which is fine.

My problem is that I just don't know how to go about creating a static page, it won't show up on the global blogs list (I will just manually link from the sidebar) so I can put up some information that is likely to change two times a year, max.

Any help on this would be appreciated.

2 Sep 18, 2005 03:56

http://forums.b2evolution.net/viewtopic.php?t=3097 covers what you want, although it looks like I left a few questions unanswered. Back then I was in a mindset of "figure it out" so left a lot of stuff ananswered. I'm still of the same mind, but more inclined to give clues as need be. Here's an example of doing like I said in there: http://wonderwinds.com/weblog.php?disp=what The only thing I did there that I didn't explain was making a function to put the page title in your document header.

Aw crap! I have no idea if that hack will work in dawn. Dawn is brand new and I live in the past. I have a practice installation of dawn, but it'll be a long time before I personally upgrade. I hate my hacks! I always have to work hard to upgrade, usually barely getting done before they make another release.

3 Nov 29, 2005 19:54

I just upgraded to Dawn and I'm still looking for the about me page functionality. I looked through my "watched items" list and forgot I had this post up (sorry about that).

What I'm wondering is, before I go ahead and start tinkering with the scripts you posted on that previous forum post, is have you confirmed whether or not these function calls work with Dawn as well?

4 Nov 29, 2005 20:39

I haven't done any tinkering inside the new phoenix yet, but that hack is a reasonably straightforward one since it is only an addition of a custom file and two additions to your _main.php file. Shouldn't take but a little bit to see if it works eh? If it works then the function still exists ;)

Form is loading...