Recent Topics

1 Sep 18, 2005 19:31    

I don't know if this will be helpful for any of you...it's pretty basic.

I wanted my Last Comment section to display tracbacks and pingbacks as well as comments. In order to do this, you change the _main.php file of your skin from:

<?php

$CommentList = & new CommentList( $blog, "'comment''", $show_statuses,'','','DESC','',8 );

$CommentList->display_if_empty( '<div class="bComment"><p>'.T_('No comment yet...').'</p></div>' );

while( $Comment = $CommentList->get_next() )

{   // Loop through comments:

?>

to:

<?php

$CommentList = & new CommentList( $blog, "'comment','trackback','pingback'", $show_statuses,'','','DESC','',8 );

$CommentList->display_if_empty( '<div class="bComment"><p>'.T_('No comment yet...').'</p></div>' );

while( $Comment = $CommentList->get_next() )

{   // Loop through comments:

?>

New trackbacks and pingbacks being displayed on the Most recent comments page is functionality from 0.9.1--I just wanted to adapt it to my 'last comments' sidebar list as well.

I have only used this fix in the 'plain' skin, and I don't know if it works elsewhere.

2 Sep 18, 2005 19:58

Curse you dutchboy1001!!!

I wanted to have the first dawn-hack :'(

Oh well! Second isn't so bad... is it?

3 Sep 18, 2005 20:01

That'll teach you for doing such challenging and useful things with your time, Ed. If you were an idiot, like me, you'd just spend your time on easy hacks that really weren't all that helpful. ;)

Form is loading...