Recent Topics

1 Sep 20, 2005 12:19    

Hi all!
I was unable to find a way to hide the "Post details: ..." header shown when I go to the post page... where is it supposed to be be configured?

thx!

2 Sep 20, 2005 15:12

I haven't tested this, but in the b2evocore directory there is a file called _functions_bposts.php. Search that file for "post details" and you'll probably find what you're looking for.

Hope that helps...

3 Sep 20, 2005 17:05

yup, already considered that solution... but it will change the behaviour system wide... it would have been a lot better to be able to configure it at template level... I'll investigate...

4 Sep 20, 2005 17:11

In skins/yourskin/_main.php look for

<h2><?php
	single_cat_title();
	single_month_title();
	single_post_title();
	arcdir_title();
	last_comments_title();
	profile_title();
?></h2>

Remove or comment out the single_post_title() bit.

5 Sep 20, 2005 19:52

great... worked...
thank you...
and come visit NoisyBytes.com sometime! :)
well... if your italian isn't too bad at least! ;)

6 Aug 03, 2007 19:50

I think I should find what you guys are talking about here but I am not seeing it.

Any Help?

<!-- =================================== START OF MAIN AREA =================================== -->

<?php
          // ------------------------- MESSAGES GENERATED FROM ACTIONS -------------------------
          if( empty( $preview ) ) $Messages->disp( );
          // --------------------------------- END OF MESSAGES ---------------------------------
  ?>

<?php
          // ------------------------- TITLE FOR THE CURRENT REQUEST -------------------------
          request_title( '<h2>', '</h2>' );
          // ------------------------------ END OF REQUEST TITLE -----------------------------
  ?>

<?php
          // ------------------------------------ START OF POSTS ----------------------------------------
          if( isset($MainList) ) $MainList->display_if_empty(); // Display message if no post

if( isset($MainList) ) while( $Item = $MainList->get_item() )
          {
                  //$MainList->date_if_changed();
          ?>
          <div class="bPost bPost<?php $Item->status( 'raw' ) ?>" lang="<?php $Item->lang() ?>">
                  <?php
                          locale_temp_switch( $Item->locale ); // Temporarily switch to post locale
                          $Item->anchor(); // Anchor for permalinks to refer to
                  ?>
                  <div class="bSmallHead">

</div>
                  <h3 class="bTitle"><?php $Item->title(); ?></h3>
                  <div class="bText">
                          <?php $Item->content(); ?>
                          <?php link_pages() ?>
                  </div>
                  <div class="bSmallPrint">
                    <?php
                            $Item->permanent_link( '#icon#', '#', 'permalink_right' ); 
                            $Item->issue_date();
                            echo ', ';
                            $Item->issue_time();
                            echo ', by Paul Sobczak';
                            //$Item->author();
                            $Item->msgform_link( $Blog->get('msgformurl') );
                            //echo ', ';
                            //$Item->wordcount();
                            //echo ' ', T_('words');
                            //echo ', ';
                            //$Item->views();
                            //echo ', ';
                            //locale_flag( $Item->locale, 'h10px' );
                            //echo T_('Categories'), ': ';
                            //$Item->categories();
                          //$Item->permanent_link( '#', '#', 'permalink_right' ); ?>

<?php $Item->feedback_link( 'comments', ', ' ) // Link to comments ?>
                          <?php //$Item->feedback_link( 'trackbacks', ' &bull; ' ) // Link to trackbacks ?>
                          <?php //$Item->feedback_link( 'pingbacks', ' &bull; ' ) // Link to trackbacks ?>
                          <?php $Item->edit_link( ', ' ) // Link to backoffice for editing ?>

<?php $Item->trackback_rdf() // trackback autodiscovery information ?>
                  </div>

7 Aug 03, 2007 20:02

This post is over two years old and answers a question about a B2evo version from the stone age.

Can you explain what bit you want to remove and I will provide an answer that will stand the test of time.

8 Oct 05, 2007 05:44

I'm actually looking for the same answer. WHen you arrive at a page with a single post on it, the title returned by the skin tag function "request_title" automatically prefixes the title with "Post details:"

For example if you click on this link to a blog post titled "Kill the Guy Already"

http://www.comics2film.com/b/index.php?blog=19&title=just_kill_the_guy_already&more=1&c=1&tb=1&pb=1

You'll see in the title bar

{Blog Title} - Post details: Kill the Guy Already"

Blog Title is provided by a separate function call, but the rest of the string is returned by "request_title".

There does not appear to be a setting to get rid of the "Post details:" prefix.

9 Oct 05, 2007 09:10

What version are you using. In the custom skin I found in _main.php:

<title><?php
	$Blog->disp( 'name', 'htmlhead' );
	request_title( ' - ', '', ' - ', 'htmlhead' );
?></title>

It refers to this item in the [url=http://doc.b2evolution.net/v-1-10/evocore/_blogs---inc---_misc---_template.funcs.php.html#functionrequest_title]technical docs[/url]:

void request_title( [string $prefix = ' '], [string $suffix = ''], 
[string $glue = ' - '], [string $format = 'htmlbody'], 
[boolean $display = true], [boolean $linktoyeararchive = true], 
[string $blogurl = ''], [boolean $params = ''], 
[default $disp_single_title = true], [ $default = '']  )

so if I have it right, it should show in _main.php. I do not have the " Post details" in my status bar.

Good luck

10 Oct 05, 2007 20:12

oh....that blog is running 1.8.5.

I supposed I should carve out some time to upgrade it.

Thanks!

Form is loading...