Recent Topics

1 Sep 23, 2005 19:30    

I'm considering using the "all" blog to show the content of all my other blogs, and hiding the navigation links to the other blogs. If my blog is set up like this:

www.domainname.com/blog/

is it possible to have a stubfile that just points to that directory, rather than pointing to:

www.domainname.com/blog/stubfile

or, in order to accomplish that, do I have to select "Default blog on index.php" instead? I'd like to use a stubfile, but would like it to just point to the /blog/ directory because it looks cleaner that way. I'm not sure if it's possible or, in this situation, if there's even any benefit to that...

jj.

2 Sep 23, 2005 20:03

in order to accomplish that, do I have to select "Default blog on index.php" instead?

That's the easiest way.

Do you have another blog set as default?

¥

3 Sep 23, 2005 20:18

Well, right now I haven't yet switched over to using the ALL template yet so, yes, I have BlogA set up as the default. I know I would have to switch that once I switch over to only using the ALL blog and hiding the other blogs...

But my question is do I have to use the "Default blog on index.php" to get BlogALL to show up as domainname.com/blog/ or can I accomplish this with a stub?

Also, if I do decide to get to BlogALL by setting it as "Default blog on index.php" is there any potential problem in having the other blogs still defined through stubs, even though there won't be any direct navigation to them?

jj.

4 Sep 23, 2005 21:55

ok, to answer your first question .... you seem to be wanting (at this moment) blog A and blog all to be "domain/blog/" .... ?

to answer your second question, no, setting a blog as domain/blog/stub will work.

¥

5 Sep 23, 2005 22:07

It would be very helpful to have stubs allow folder names.

For example, I would like to put my main blog at www.example.com/index.php, and my "other" blog at www.example.com/other/index.php.

I tried setting the stub file for "other" to be /other/, and it worked for some things, but there were a few places where links to /other.php were created.

6 Sep 23, 2005 22:23

I tried setting the stub file for "other" to be /other/, and it worked for some things, but there were a few places where links to /other.php were created.

Sorry, I don't use stub files, can you give examples of where/when this happens?

¥

7 Sep 24, 2005 08:31

¥åßßå wrote:

ok, to answer your first question .... you seem to be wanting (at this moment) blog A and blog all to be "domain/blog/" .... ?

to answer your second question, no, setting a blog as domain/blog/stub will work.

¥

Well, no, not exactly... If I decide to switch over to using BlogAll, then I won't worry about BlogA, and I'll remove it from the navigation links entirely.

I'd like to just have BlogALL show up as domainname.com/blog/ at all times. It works like that when you first go to the site, but once you start clicking into posts or categories that exist in other locations (such BlogB) then the BlogB stubfile appears at the end of the URL.

I started playing around with BlogALL on a test installation, just to get the feel for what it does and doesn't do. I can live with the stubname at the end of the url. I now actually find it a desirable thing. The thing I can't really live with, now that I've experimented with it a bit, is having linkblog entries show up as posts in the main stream of posts, and not just in the sidebar. That point is more of a turnoff to me now than the original post topic of the stubname and, as far as I can see from reading the forums, there's no way to prevent linkblog entries from showing up in the main stream of posts... oh well.

jj.

Form is loading...