Recent Topics

1 Sep 28, 2005 19:15    

I have a question about archiving posts. I am only aware that it is possible to archive a post that has been up for a set amount of time. IN the administration panel when a post is old is there a way to set the status of the post instead of published to be archive so that previous posts can be viewed by any or all?

2 Sep 28, 2005 19:26

Archiving just happens. A set number of posts show up on your main page, and typically you have a link to previous pages that'll go all the way back to the beginning of your blog. Also most skins have an 'archive' section that allows the visitor to check out a specific group of older stuff without having to click back through (potentially) hundreds of posts.

In other words, you don't actually say "archive this post" - it just moves into the archives as the general nature of the world. http://wonderwinds.com/weblog.php?disp=arcdir is my archive directory, and I didn't have to do anything special to make it happen.

Zat help?

3 Dec 04, 2005 23:31

hi - does this archive feature actually does archiving (as in generate a static page or something) every such-period (month in my case)?

or is it all still dynamicly (dynamically?) generated from the database?

4 Dec 04, 2005 23:50

Dynamatically generated. The only static page option I'm aware of is for your main page, and you have to actively take the time to tell b2evolution "do me up a static page". That's good for when you're an infrequent blogger and get zillions of hits. After that, AFAIK, each link the visitor follows is dynamatically generated.

5 Dec 05, 2005 06:40

ok thanks EdB :)

corresponds with what I expected :)

Form is loading...