Recent Topics

1 Oct 07, 2005 21:14    

Hi,

I have found thru the search function that 0.9.2 will have a multiple domain support. I want to re-design two of my domains as a blog, so I'm searching for the appropriate software. b2evo seems to be the right thing because it supports multiple blogs with one installation. The problem is, that my domains are sitting on the same physical server but are pointed domains thru a subdomain setting (I hope you understand what I mean).

So can anybody tell me when I can expect that multiple domain support up and running? Would it be safe to use the CVS-Version on a webserver or would you suggest to wait until the release?

If I have to stay with 0.9.1: Is there a hack or plugin available to get a workaround for my domain problem? I don't want to do a redirect because the URL should always show the correct domain.

Best Regards
Marian

2 Oct 07, 2005 22:29

I don't think there's been a date set for the alpha release of Phoenix. It should be before long. I would wait at least that long if you can. The CVS code is a lot more stable than it used to be, but there's no guarantee that you'll be able to upgrade it when the final release comes out. And who knows what bugs are lurking in it? In fact, I think cookies for multiple domain support is one of the things that still haven't been finished. There is a hack, but I never got it to work.

3 Oct 08, 2005 09:30

What hack do you mean? Maybe I can get it to work.

I have seen, what the main problem is. In all files, there ist used dirname(__FILE__) as reference to the base-directory. Multi-Domain support should be easy, if all theses dirname(__FILE__) would be replaced by a variable like $basedir wich contains an absolute path (directory, not URL) to the core-installation.

I have seen this on Nucleus CMS which makes it very easy to set up multiple Blogs with one Code-Installation.

Regards

Marian

4 Oct 08, 2005 15:06

You might want to read this thread:

http://forums.b2evolution.net/viewtopic.php?t=3291

It contains a link to the hack that I mentioned (from YaBBa), but the link is dead now. I tried hard to get something working just like you're describing, but I gave up and settled for subdomain redirects.

5 Oct 09, 2005 18:05

I can show you how to do this if all of your subdomains point to the same folder, but seeing as you want them pointing at seperate folders I don't have an easy answer.

Sorry about the dead link, I killed most of the domain to use it as a cvs testbed.

¥

6 Oct 10, 2005 14:23

And please note that CVS is totally unsupported, so it's not at all advisable to use it at the moment. We're not far off a release as far as I can tell anyway.

Form is loading...