Recent Topics

1 Oct 11, 2005 06:08    

I am facing a peculiar problem. After I post a comment in my website for a blog, the next page I get is always "Sorry, there is no post to display...".

The reason I have found is this:

The rediect_to hidden variable in the page where I am submitting the comment is "/blog/index.php?blog=2&c=1&page=1&more=1&title=Bob Hope&tb=1&pb=1&disp=single"

Notice the "&"s

but after posting the comment the url i am getting at the address bar is "/blog/index.php?blog=2&c=1&page=1&more=1&title=Bob%20Hope&tb=1&pb=1&disp=single" and it shows me that "Sorry, there is no post to display..." page

But if I manually copy-paste the 'redirect_to' variable in the address bar, then it goes to the proper screen.

And what is this "Bob Hope" thing??

Somebody please help

2 Oct 11, 2005 18:16

The bob hope bit is the title of your post...

3 Oct 11, 2005 18:50

Graham wrote:

The bob hope bit is the title of your post...

Thats the funny part. I did not have a post with that title.

4 Oct 11, 2005 18:53

Actually I am still struggling with this blog script. Another problem I am facing now is, if I click "Next" to see the next set of post, it is showing me "Sorry, no more posts..." message. But I do have more messages than 5 (that is my default number of messages in a page)

5 Oct 12, 2005 03:27

Chandrabhan,

The & is the same as "&" (it's just written as an ISO-8859-1 Entity value on a XHTML-valid page). No worries there.

The Bob Hope thing is kinda funny, but I can understand that it would be frustrating since you don't have a post title by that name.

It might help if you link your page, so we can have a quick look at it. (You can either add it in your profile, in which case, it's available as a "www" button (like ours). -or- just add it as a one-off in a reply).

Sounds like you've got a set-up problem. Did you recently install b2evo or have you been running it awhile?

-stk

6 Oct 12, 2005 07:24

stk wrote:

Chandrabhan,

The & is the same as "&" (it's just written as an ISO-8859-1 Entity value on a XHTML-valid page). No worries there.

-stk

I think I have found the problem. I had a $title variable for my daily quotes section pointing to the author of the last quote in the list. Unfortunaetly, b2evolution was using the same variable for the (most recent) post. By renaming the variable in the daily quotes section solved the issue I think.

Here is the link to my blog (still under construction stage though)

http://www.chandrabhan.com/blog/index.php?blog=2

Really appreciate it.

Form is loading...