Recent Topics

Another UTF-8 Problem

Started by on Oct 23, 2005 – Contents updated: Oct 23, 2005

Oct 23, 2005 22:19    

I have set up a locale for Arabic, and everything works fine when I come to post. However, on entering the title I am limited in the number of characters I can use because after I write the title in arabic, it replaces the string with the Unicode codestring (e.g. & #1575; & #1604, without the space between & and #, and so on). Now it actually displays correctly in arabic, but it truncates the string so only the first few characters show.

Anyone encoutered this problem before??

Nov 06, 2005 08:00

I hop you but your translation to Arabic her if possible :oops: :roll:

Try the following I hope can make since for you

On the file (messages.po)
Look for line no. 15

"Content-Type: text/plain; charset=iso-8859-1\n"

Instead of iso-8859-1 set windows-1256
Set to (for ARABIC ) windows-1256

Dec 07, 2005 19:31

Thank you way.

There is no line 15 in my .po file!

Dec 07, 2005 23:38

Is there a "Content-Type" line?

Try replacing this.

But I wonder what it should change.

What's the problem? Your title gets replaced with entities after saving the post and truncated?

Can you reproduce it at the demo site (http://demo.b2evolution.net) with "Phoenix"?

Dec 20, 2005 11:12

I have solved this problem. but when Edit anything in the backoffice I get for example the post text in this format:

الـغـزو الـفـكري

Never mind the nt color="#000000">, I do not know why when I put something in "

" I get that.

While it should be like this:

الـغـزو الـفـكري

Except the post title.

This happen everywhere when editing anything except the bloglist and categories.

Mar 12, 2006 16:35

kskhater, you say that it happens everywhere except with the bloglist and categories.. all fields there?

If you could give me some fields (<input> names of them would be best), I could try to look what's different there than with the rest.

Also, what version are you using?

Form is loading...

Open Source CMS – This forum is powered by b2evolution CMS, a complete engine for your website.