Recent Topics

1 Aug 22, 2005 22:51    

hey I have made the kurdish translation some months ago ...or may be one year ago...but hesiateted to give it to you...

1- I dont know how to make Control panel -RIGHT TO LEFT-
you know it is so ugly when it is LEFT to RIGHT .
I wish one day you make a your system ready for for r2l .
i think it is ready , i guess you should just put a Dir="rtl" into a page, which I dont know which page.

2-
Kurdistan is a country been occupied by Turkey- Iran-Iraq-Syria- [and also there kurdistan in Armenia-Georgia too]
here is our flag :
http://flagspot.net/images/k/krd-sun.gif
source: http://flagspot.net/flags/krd-krg.html
I want Kurdish language to be inclueded in Kurdistan Country.
with kurdish flag.
like to have a folder in locale ku_KU

as for the sake of Legalicy and formal, this kurdistan flag is being used by Kurdistan Regional Governemnt in Iraq and it is officaly accepted.

my point is not to inculde Kurdish langauge as Iran or Syria or Turkey or Iraq. and not put it in a folder like locales\ku_TR\ or locales\ku_IR\ ... blah blah , it should be locales\ku_KU\ with kurdistan flag.

3- Kurds use two scripts one is based on arabic script , the other is based on Latin script, I may one day make the Latin Script translation (which is Left to Right) so better to name this version that I translated"Sorani"
you can put this name for peopel to use "Kurdi (Sorani)"

4- the Charset for Kurdish language should be UTF-8 , I changed that so I could see control panel section well ....
I guess if you change the whole of the b2's charset to UTF-8 it is better...most of the languages are supported by that

5-if you liked to mention my name as tranlator, you can put this
Medya and my site www.medyadaily.com

thank you very much
please tell me where to send my PO file.

to find out more about kurdistan read answers.com
http://www.answers.com/kurdistan

2 pìsmíkrøp Oct 06, 2005 16:11

pìsmíkrøp

It is a so called country!

There is no iso flag number and etc. And the map is not official! Map is breaching Turkish line.

3 Oct 06, 2005 19:29

pìsmíkrøp wrote:

It is a so called country!

There is no iso flag number and etc. And the map is not official! Map is breaching Turkish line.

So what? It is a localization of a software package, and this is NOT the place to push politics.

4 Oct 07, 2005 00:57

Agreed, WWW = WORLD wide web - no boundries, no grudges, no politicians in charge

¥

5 Oct 07, 2005 07:32

EdB wrote:

So what? It is a localization of a software package, and this is NOT the place to push politics.

thanks EdB , actualy I would like to say , thats what Open Source Programs is for ! so politicians cant get it in their control .

I remember last year it was in the news (NY TIMES and many other sources )
that Turkey had captured microsoft's nominee in turkey.
because they had put Kurd word in their Enclopydia !
and then they asked microsfot to remove kurd word from their dictionary ...
and microsoft did it because they didnt want to loose money in Turkey.

but b2evoloution is not windows and it is not microsfot made programs! thats why I chose b2evo to translate .

at last I would like to mention before the year 2001 , Turkey belived there is no kurd and no kurdistan ...and speaking kurdish for 25 million kurds in turkey was forbiden and thousands of kurd's tongue was cut for speaking kurdish .

I am sorry dear Turk member, you can not stop we kurds in internet in publishing our language. ;) internet is not your country .

6 Oct 07, 2005 07:44

STOP THE POLITICAL NONSENSE NOW!

I don't care if someone is pro or anti this or that: push your politics here and I'll delete it. Understood?

7 Oct 07, 2005 07:56

we need all the translations we can get, medya :) so thanks !! If you like you can pm the link for a download and I will add it to your post?

For the sake of WWPeace, this is locked.

Form is loading...