Recent Topics

1 Oct 25, 2005 19:20    

The backoffice started hanging a few months ago. After the dawn upgrade it stopped for awhile. It has started again. Any ideas as to what can be done.

2 Oct 25, 2005 20:12

The backoffice started hanging a few months ago. After the dawn upgrade it stopped for awhile. It has started again. Any ideas as to what can be done.

I have added an edit link to the posts that goes directly to the backoffice, and the hitcounter to each post, but the hanging didn't start immediately afterwards. We have seen that it happens when more than one person is accessing the admin area, but I am not sure that is the case everytime.

3 Oct 25, 2005 22:36

I guess I should add that it is only when we go into the write portion of the backoffice.

4 Oct 26, 2005 00:10

Could you maybe post a link to your site? I'm not sure if it will help with this issue, but it may do some good. I'm curious about how you added an "edit" link to each post. Most skins already have this by default. And when you say that it hangs, at what point does it hang? When you first load the Write tab, when you try to save/publish the writing?

6 Oct 26, 2005 00:33

Sorry...when you first click on it..usually 5-10 seconds after it starts loading.

7 Nov 04, 2005 00:13

Well, it seems the edit page was locking up whether there was even only one accessing it. One other admin said he used firefox and it never locked up on him...a clue.

I tried turning off smooth-scrolling in IE and the problem disappeared. Good news for anyone else who has that problem.

Form is loading...