Recent Topics

1 Oct 25, 2005 23:59    

I have installed b2evolution on my webpage and it works pretty well. However, today I came accross something that I have not seen so far.

The spell checker did not load. I had written up a pretty long blog entry and at the end hit the "Spellchecker" button. I got the pop up with "Loading Spell Checker. Please wait..." and the popup window was behaving like the window is still loading.

However, nothing more happened and the spellcheker did not finish loading.

I am running b2evo v 0.9.0.12 and there is nothing that I know of that has change between now and the last time I used it.

I am running Apache 2.0.54 with PHP 5.0.4

2 Oct 26, 2005 00:14

Maybe it was a one-time glitch. Have you closed your browser or rebooted (or something) and re-tried to use the spell checker?

3 Oct 26, 2005 00:19

I don't think it is a one time glitch. I restarted the browser and it happened again. I can't really reboot right now, since this is my work machine but I don't see how rebooting would help.

4 Oct 26, 2005 00:37

Well, I think that I have figured it out. The http://www.spellchecker.com website does not seem to be responding.

I would appreciate it if someone could try and see whether they can reach it, just to verify

5 Oct 26, 2005 02:31

It's down and out for me as well. I guess that's the problem...

6 Oct 26, 2005 04:25

Hey Void,

I've had problems with the spell checker since day one. Your problem aside, if I put in some HTML code (like <DIV> or <SPAN>) into my post, the spell checker seems to barf on this and just "hang up".

I dunno.

As much as I like the (concept) of this feature, the PRACTICAL RESULTS fall far short of my expectations.

Bottom line (for me, anyway) ... if you want to spell check, copy your post onto the clipboard and then paste it into a program like MS Word (where you can run spell checker).

It's cumbersome, but it works for me.

Cheers,

-stk :D

PS ... Did I say ... I mis-spell a LOT of words in my blogs! :p

7 Oct 26, 2005 04:56

A nice alternative, if your using a Mozilla browser ( as you should be :) ) is ..
[URL=http://spellbound.sourceforge.net/]SpellBound - Spellchecker for Firefox and the Mozilla Suite[/URL]

Just a simple right click in any form or text area.

Not a global solution, but a very nice personal one if you like Firefox etc..

8 Oct 26, 2005 05:10

Hmmm. I like Ffox, but I couldn't seem to download the files. (Well, I could download, but the installation went buggy).

Not so straight forward as it seems.

-stk :D

9 Oct 26, 2005 05:57

Did you download the libraries as well ? won't work without em

Form is loading...