Recent Topics

1 Oct 28, 2005 06:02    

I have a blog that I'm using to write Book Reviews...

I'm using the "Title" field for the book title (obviously).
But I have no place where to put the author (besides putting it in the Title Field).

I was hoping to use the "Link to URL" Field for the Author Name and then simply create a custom list/table that displays all the blog items

Book 1, Author, description, permalink

Is this more crazy than just creating a static html manually, and then linking to the blog entries?

I'm loving b2Evoution because it works as a poor-man's CMS system, and this "Bibliography" listing is the only one I think I may have to do some old-style HTML coding for...

Any ideas?

Edgar,

2 Oct 28, 2005 07:33

Cheat! Create a new blogger for each author you review, then log in with that new blogger ID so that the post author happens to be the name of the book author. Now you can use Item->author (or whatever it is) to display the post author as the book author.

3 Oct 31, 2005 17:55

Or, you could use categories for author names. Or, you could use a seperate blog for each author and use the agregator (blog 1) to display them all together.

4 Nov 01, 2005 05:58

Just a thought.

I've noticed that XHTML is allowed in the Title field. So you could put someting like:

Title of the book<br />author<br />year ... chapter ... verse

The only problem that I've found is that you LOSE the HTML coding IF you edit the entry (you have to put it in again).

-stk

It's KINDA the same thing that you're doing now, but you can STYLE it to be as you like.

Form is loading...