Recent Topics

1 Nov 07, 2005 18:49    

Hi guys,

I'm trying to install b2 on my site, I've done this a few times before with about 5/6 CMS portals & blogs but can't get to the bottom of this error. At the first step of installation I get;

Installing b2evolution tables with sample data
Creating table for Groups... OK.
Creating default groups...
Fatal error: Cannot instantiate non-existent class: group in /home/fhlinux199/s/mysite.co.uk/user/htdocs/blogs/install/_functions_create.php on line 309

and here's the line it refers to;

echo 'Creating default groups... ';
$Group_Admins = new Group(); // COPY !
$Group_Admins->set( 'name', 'Administrators' );
$Group_Admins->set( 'perm_blogs', 'editall' );
$Group_Admins->set( 'perm_stats', 'edit' );
$Group_Admins->set( 'perm_spamblacklist', 'edit' );
$Group_Admins->set( 'perm_options', 'edit' );
$Group_Admins->set( 'perm_templates', 1 );
$Group_Admins->set( 'perm_users', 'edit' );
$Group_Admins->dbinsert();

I can't figure it out, and have searched around here for 'instantiate' etc but can't find similiar errors/posts.

I have had a few problems with this particular linux box, it wouldn't let me install Mambo due to a restriction on session cache in my php.ini (which I can't access). I tried to get round it with htaccess etc but no luck.

Can any php gurus tell me what the error actually means in plain English, if it is related to my php.ini restrictions, and if there is a way round it.

Thanks in advance,

nast0

2 Nov 07, 2005 20:46

It might be something as simple as not having all the files uploaded. I would try removing the database and all the files, then uploading the whole thing again.

3 Nov 07, 2005 22:39

I've dropped the DB tables a few times, but no luck. I'll upload everything again and see if anything is missin'...

Cheers for the reply

4 Nov 07, 2005 22:41

If it says non-existent class, then it's probably a missing file. And probably missing from the b2evocore folder.

5 Nov 07, 2005 23:46

Hah, got it in one... many thanks personman

Form is loading...