Recent Topics

1 Nov 22, 2005 19:00    

I've added the sidebar tool to my favorites but it defaults to search instead of opening the post window, any ideas?

Here's what I've done:
b2evo admin -> tools -> right click on sidebar link -> add to favorites -> try to open from favorites and it goes to search

Using: IE 6

NOTE: the link from tools works fine.

Thanks,

2 Nov 23, 2005 05:51

mark ...

interesting ... didn't even know that thing existed. I tried it (also XP-home on IE-6sp2) ... worked for me (both the link and the favorites).

When I bring up a new, blank IE window and use it ... search DOES come up (for me, MSN), but then ... after (a sec or two) the write pane comes up.

Dunno if this will help (it's prolly saving it correctly) but this is the code that I have in the link:

javascript:Q='';if(top.frames.length==0)Q=document.selection.createRange().text;void(_search=open('http://www.mysite.com/admin/b2sidebar.php?popuptitle='+escape(document.title)+'&popupurl='+escape(location.href)+'&text='+escape(Q),'_search'))

Just as a thought ... I made sure I was "logged out" and THEN tried it. As I suspected ... you must be logged in. After logging out ... open new IE window ... hit sidebar favorite ... took *several seconds* (like long enuff that I was thinking that it wasn't working) to get past the "search" pane ... before the "log in" screen came up.

Hope this helps.

-stk :D

3 Nov 23, 2005 06:41

You were correct!

Schweet!

Additional note for others: you need to make sure that popups are enabled for the URL that the sidebar is for.

Form is loading...