Recent Topics

1 Nov 27, 2005 20:36    

Hi,

sorry for this hypothetical copycat post, but I surfed a lot into forum and didn't manage to find the answers I need - yes, I did several "searches".

Since I needed a linkblog (if linkblog is a blog in which interesting sites are shown with a link to them), I created a normal blog named "Amici" ("friends" in italian) and posted several posts, each one with a link to the desired site and a short description of it. Here's what I need now:

a. How to transform it in a linkblog?
b. How does linkblog exactly do? (in which it differs from a normal blog, if it displays posts in alphabetical order [I'd really like this feature!])
c. Does it display the entries on other blogs' sidebar? Another feature I'd like so much.
d. Can I tell it I don't want it on several pages (what I need is all posts are displayed on the same page)?

I think I would stop (at least, for now).

Sorry for these lamers questions, but I didn't find anything that helps me to solve the problems.

Thank you in advance,

Francesco

2 Nov 27, 2005 21:07

It's pretty simple really. All you do is go to the blogs tab and select the blog you want your linkblog to show up on. There's a dropdown box for "default linkblog" where you pick which blog will be the linkblog for the blog you're on.

Confusing? So lets say you're posting posts on blogs 2 and 3 and want to use blog 5 as the linkblog for each of them. You pick blog 2 from the blogs tab then select blog 5 from the dropdown box. Repeat for blog 3.

3 Nov 27, 2005 21:21

Ok, I solved the issue: it was a problem of LEAF skin, that doesn't implement by default an include in _main.php. So, if you want to let entries in linkblog appear in other blog' sidebar, you must include in your _main.php something like this:

<?php // -------------------------- LINKBLOG INCLUDED HERE -----------------------------
						require( dirname(__FILE__).'/_linkblog.php' );
						// -------------------------------- END OF LINKBLOG ---------------------------------- ?>

Obviously, this hint is not meant to help you, EdB, since you're a b2 guru :) It's to help any ohter newbie that would have the same doubt. Sharing know-how ;)

Furthermore: you answered to mine a., b. & c.; what about d. question?

Thank you very much,

Francesco

Form is loading...