Recent Topics

1 Dec 31, 2005 23:39    

Hi All, I'm working on implementing a new skin on my site, and plan to have an 'Archives' page. I created the page by having it be its own blog on my site. It looks exactly the way that I wanted it to, but its only pulling the archive info for that one blog. Is there a way for me to force it to show the archive info for my main blog (blog #2)?

http://www.lenwood.cc/index.php?skin=Laila

Thanks,
Chris

ps - oh, and Happy New Year

2 Jan 03, 2006 00:54

I'm moving this back to the top in hopes of an answer. Does anyone know how to have one blog pull the archive info for another? My 'archive' blog is blog #7, and my main blog is blog #2.

If this is adressed in the man pages, feel free to just send me the link. I spent an hour or so looking through them yesterday, and didn't find anything relevant.

Thanks,
Chris

3 Jan 03, 2006 11:07

I'm new to b2evo too. What I think would solve the problem is.

1. You can enable multible blog posting. If you post a blog in #2 and you select that it has to appear in blog #7 too, it will apear there too.

2. Another option is too make 2 skins for blog #2. 1 skin will show the origional blog and 1 will show the archive. To get 2 skins working on 1 blog you have to make stub files (there is enough info on that on the forums, or take a look in the a_stub.php thats in your /blogs directory)

I don't know what you preciesely mean with an archive page, can't think of what it should look like. But maybe this will help you a bit further.

4 Jan 03, 2006 11:13

In your archives.php change $blog=7; to $blog = 1;

¥

Form is loading...