Recent Topics

1 Jan 05, 2006 02:44    

I have 2 blogs installed on my regular domain.
I want to move blog #2 to a new domain. I installed the latest stable version of b2evo on the new domain. I then attempted to copy the database from the original install, to the new database. It wouldn't work, the installer told me that it would have to downgrade and that wasn't possible.

Now I'm upgraded the original blogs to the same version a couple weeks ago.

How the heck do I transfer over my posts and comments to the new installation?

2 Jan 06, 2006 20:09

Is this not possible?

3 Jan 08, 2006 22:23

It sounds like you want to copy a 1.6 DB to b2evo 0.9.x or something.

That's not supported..

4 Jan 10, 2006 23:22

How do I determine what version the database is so that I can install that same version on the new domain and then do an upgrade?

I thought by upgrading the blogs that the database would update too and then be the same as the new installation.

5 Jan 11, 2006 04:45

Okay I finally got this to do what I want. I installed an older version of b2, then copied the database over, then upgraded the database.

Everything looked okay until I tried to make the blog B the default and delete blog A. All of my settings, posts, comments all carried over.

Now I have this error:

<a href="http://www.allthingscrabby.com/crab_blog.php?author=1" title="View all articles by
Fatal error: Call to undefined function: prefered_name() in /home/purpleme/public_html/allthingscrabby/skins/moonrise/_main.php on line 114

Can someone tell me what I need to fix?

6 Jan 11, 2006 09:53

Certain function names etc have been changed in the Phoenix version, if you trawl through any of the skins that come as default you should be able to find the new names/methods.

The one you're having problems with has been renamed to :-

$Item->Author->preferred_name();

¥

7 Jan 13, 2006 00:19

Here is what I have at that line:

<h5 class="byline">by <a href="<?php $Blog->disp('blogurl'); ?>?author=<?php  $Item->Author->ID() ?>" title="View all articles by <?php $Item->Author->prefered_name('htmlhead'); ?>"><?php $Item->Author->prefered_name() ?></a> 

I tried removing the 'htmlhead' and replacing it with () but that didn't get rid of the errors. Is that what you meant for me to do?

8 Jan 13, 2006 01:14

As I said, they renamed some of the functions (in this case it was to correct spelling), you need to add an "r" to your function call :-

$Item->Author->preferred_name();

;)

¥

9 Jan 13, 2006 03:42

Oh!! I'm sorry... I had just woke up when I posted, I missed the difference in spelling :oops:

10 Jan 14, 2006 17:50

I fixed those but the skin still has errors. Maybe Isaac will update it soon.

Form is loading...