Recent Topics

1 Jan 10, 2006 22:46    

Once again thanks for the help before. A have a couple more question to get my blog just right.

I would like to know if there is a way of setting posts per page for individual blogs? I have a text blog that I would like to be set at 10 so as not to fill the page too much, a photo blog that I want set to 1 to reduce loading times and a link blog I want to set to 100 so I could get them all on one page. I found the admin>settings>display options but it sets it for every blog.

Also is it possible to hide link descriptions on the sidebar? I like to have a description for each link on the link blog but with so many links when its used on the sidebar its too much. I tried doing a read more kind of link thing but it still dosn't look good.

Thank you in advance.

2 Jan 16, 2006 17:07

Would I be able to get a simple reply with not possible or some thing if I can't do the above just so I can take my maind of it.

Thanks guys, I really apreciate all the support I am getting from these forums, b2evo is easly the best.

3 Jan 16, 2006 18:09

To control the posts per page on an individual basis you'd either need to use stub files or amend index.php to detect the current blog and change the setting.

To remove the description, crack open skins/<skin name>/_linkblog.php and remove this bit :-

echo ' ';
$Item->content( 1, 0, T_('more'), '[', ']' ); // Description + more link

;)

¥

5 Jan 16, 2006 18:34

no problem ;)

I'd have answered you a few days ago, but I totaly missed your post :p

¥

6 Jul 16, 2006 14:37

¥åßßå wrote:

To control the posts per page on an individual basis you'd either need to use stub files or amend index.php to detect the current blog and change the setting.

How can I change these settings? I took a look at the stub file and could not find out how. Thanks!

7 Jul 16, 2006 15:34

Just add $posts = ##; to your stub file (anywhere after <?php and before the end where it includes the main files)

¥

8 Jul 16, 2006 16:08

Cool, thanks! I didn't know that. Are there more such "secret" indivudual configuration options?

9 Jul 16, 2006 16:20

Yeah, but if I tell you I'd have to shoot you :|

¥

Form is loading...