Recent Topics

1 Jan 14, 2006 00:40    

I want to make a page that displays just a list of the blogs that have been created along with the links to them. How can I do this.
Thanks

2 Jan 14, 2006 05:07

That is a very short list on an htm page (but, I suppose, you could style it so that it looked really cool).

For me, I'd make a PHP page that contained the following (sans styling).

<div class="BlogList">
<?php
	// --------------------------- BLOG LIST INCLUDED HERE -----------------------------
	require( dirname(__FILE__).'/_bloglist.php' );
	// ------------------------------- END OF BLOG LIST --------------------------------
?>
	<h1><span><?php $Blog->disp( 'name', 'htmlbody' ) ?></span></h1>
</div>

That would be the basics, anyway.

Hope this helps.

3 Jan 14, 2006 18:09

Thanks
Can I just put his code into an exsiting html page and have it work ?

4 Jan 14, 2006 19:01

this php-code, so you have to put that in a php-page.

5 Jan 14, 2006 19:02

make it a .php file, and it would need to be put in into the skin you are using.

if u need it outside of b2evo then you will need different code.

6 Jan 15, 2006 00:31

Irweb,

You can put PHP code into an HTML page (you just have to tell your host server, via the .htaccess file, to deal with it). To do this ... modify your root .htaccess file and add the following:

# Parse php commands
AddHandler application/x-httpd-php .htm .html

And you prolly CAN run the bloglist outside of a skin file, but you have to load all the right b2evo files so that the variables are set, the DB is called and such ... which is a LOT of overhead for just a few links.

However ... if you're after blog links in an HTML page, outside of your b2evo blog skin, I might recommend a couple of options -

1) Hard-code the links (if they don't change often, this might be a simple and viable option)

2) If you want a hands-off, dynamic method and you're able to call up your blogs using the blog ID number in the URL (e.g., http://yoursite.com/blogFolder/index.php?blog=# ) then you could do the following ...

On your html page ... use PHP to connect to your b2evo DB, query the evo_posts table and pull all the blog_ID numbers and blog_shortnames. Then ... loop through and make a link for each one and construct a link of the form above using blog_ID as the # and blog_shortnames as the text. Wrap and style as desired.

Where's your site?

Hope this helps.

7 Jan 15, 2006 09:48

thats just wierd loading b2evo if ur not going to use it, he should just use a mysql query and get the blogs that way....
Thats if ur not trying to do this in a skin.

Form is loading...