Recent Topics

1 Jan 28, 2006 10:09    

Since 4 days, more than 10000 hits comming from a specific IP (xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx:2086) was showing up in my stats.

I started with deleting it and blocking.
Suddenly, I found myself unable to get into my blog, so I realized that it was my own IP.
Since then, I was constantly deleting this referers but not adding them to the blacklist.

Today I took a closer look to my stats and I saw that on the summary page of the stats, my indexrobots and syndication suddenly fell to ... 0 (comming from over 5000 and over 200, that can count)

I can't remember that I have done anything in my code, anything in my database, anything what so ever...

It looks like every referrer or syndication hit is now logged as comming from myself...

Is there an explanation for it, or even better, a solution ?

2 Jan 28, 2006 11:48

I had that happen and realized it was me. I guessed that it was something to do with my host, so I added the new 'reported url' to the conf file that lets me block my own hits without actually blacklisting myself. conf/_stats maybe? Anyway one day after upgrading I realized I did not add that new version of me back in and was not getting those hits anymore.

Hope it helps!

3 Jan 29, 2006 11:15

Topanga, have you some phpinfo() page up somewhere? (PM me if you want).

You seem to be using version 0.9.1 which should use $_SERVER['REMOTE_ADDR']; (see /b2evocore/_functions_hitlog.php).

I'd start with adding HTML comments from this function (log_hit()) and look what it comes up with.

Are direct hits considered normal (in regard to the IP address)?

Form is loading...