Recent Topics

1 Feb 18, 2006 07:32    

when i go to log in to my account or click on any of the cached posts, i get this:

Parse error: parse error, unexpected $ in /home/morningc/public_html/b2evolution/b2evocore/_blog_main.php on line 210

www.morningchaos.com/b2evolution/index.php

1. what is this?
2. what does this mean?
3. how do i fix this?

ANY information and/or help would be greatly appreciated. i really need to "save" my site.

www.morningchaos.com
tooheymomster@verizon.net

2 Feb 18, 2006 08:11

#1. if you havent done any editing to that file, just re-upload it. That would seem to be the answer I would come up with.

In the future, you might also want to insure that when you upload text file, php is text, that you are uploading in ascii (not binary).

If you've been editing the file, you screwed up somewhere. No big deal, just see #1 ;)

If it continues after you have uploaded a new file -- maybe your cache is screwing something up. delete the files in whatever dir they are in and start over with a fresh cache?

3 Feb 18, 2006 09:14

i am very scared that i will lose my posts...could you tell me which file to re-upload?

4 Feb 18, 2006 09:22

tooheymomster wrote:

/home/morningc/public_html/b2evolution/b2evocore/_blog_main.php

your posts are in a database, theyre not going to be affected by this.

5 Feb 18, 2006 09:33

i just uploaded my blog main php file, which is the one that comes up with the error when you go to my blog, nothing happened.
any other ideas, or perhaps something is wrong.
i think MAYBE my code is messed up on that file, but i only know how to post the information, not anything scary and intnese like this.
thank you for replying,, that was quick of you. i appreciate it. right about now your suggestions are the only thing keeping me sane regarding my blog.
thank you

6 Feb 18, 2006 09:45

I want you do this: get a fresh copy of whatever zip corresponds to the version of b2evo you installed. Unzip that zip. Upload a fresh file.

In fact, delete the old one first to make sure that you are uploading a fresh copy.

Then, let me know what happens.

Again, your posts are safe. Theyre locked away in Internet heaven.

7 Feb 19, 2006 01:26

i will get a fresh zip of b2evolution, but first, could you tell me what the file name(s) is/are that my posts are in, so that way i can copy them to my desktop. and then do the fresh install and then put my posts back into b2?

8 Feb 19, 2006 03:54

once again, your posts are not stored in any files. They are stored within your [wiki]MySQL[/wiki] database.

Form is loading...