Recent Topics

1 Feb 23, 2006 01:03    

Is there a way to drop b2evolution into an existing web page. Just its guts so to speak? I did a search but I could not find any info on it. I just want to use its gut on existing pages I already have built.

Thanks!

3 Feb 24, 2006 22:04

princess,

Yes, you can do that. Assuming that your original page is an HTML file and b2evo is written in PHP, you'll need to (1) tell your server to expect PHP code in an HTML file ... then (2) create a DIVision (or set of DIVisions) in your existing page (where you want b2evo to show up) ... then (3) put in the parts of b2evo that you want to show up.

What do you mean by "guts"? Just the posts? What about the calendar? Archives? Categories? etc? (because clicking some of these links will want to open up different pages and I'm assuming that you'll want your website "look" to stay the same, no matter which b2evo page your on).

To achieve THAT ... the best thing then would be to turn your exisitng HTML page look into a b2evolution "skin" ... then each b2evo page would be wrapped in your new skin (which would look a lot like your exsiting page + all the b2evo stuff).

A link to your page would help. :D

Anything can be done! :p

Cheers,

4 Mar 08, 2006 00:12

Thank you so much for the info! :)

Form is loading...