Recent Topics

1 Feb 25, 2006 18:30    

1. Is it possible to change the background color and the default font on a downloadable skin? I like "Nifty Corners" but want something other than white on the background of the body text, and I like Tahoma instead of Arial for the text font face.

2. Is it possible to use b2evo to create and maintain only one blog? I have only one and want to keep it that way.

3. Is it possible to create a blog using b2evo and import or create "old" blog posts and post them as if they were posted on that day? For instance, I have posts going back to September 15, 2003, in my non-formal blog, and I would like to carry all my archives to my formal blog using b2evo, but I am not sure if I can do this or how.[/i]

2 Feb 25, 2006 20:45

First of all, welcome to the forum. :)

1. Yes. You can edit the css file that comes with any skin and change colors, fonts, images, anything.

2. Yes, you can delete the blogs you don't want. Use blog number 2 (Blog A) as your blog, since #1 is a special aggregator blog. Then delete the others.

3. Yes. When you're posting, select the checkbox labeled "edit timestamp" and put in whatever date and time you want.

I hope this helps, let us know if you need clarification on any of those points.

3 Feb 25, 2006 21:22

Okay, I am not good with CSS, but hopefully b2evo has easy options that would allow for these changes.

One more question: Is a given blog post allowed to be categorized in more than one category?

5 Feb 25, 2006 22:23

Thanks a lot. This will help me figure out how to change background color and font fact, which is the only two beefs I have with the "Nifty Corners" skin. Other than that, how does one edit a CSS style sheet? Notepad?

7 Feb 25, 2006 22:52

Another stupid question: In my non-formal blog, I do most of the posting, but others sometimes e-mail me something that I post and then attribute it to them. I'm sure b2evo will allow you to post the name of the author?

8 Feb 25, 2006 23:18

The name of the author comes from the username of the person who posts, so it would be your name. One option would be to create user accounts for the people who you want to post. Give them permission to post with Draft status and nothing else. They won't be able to edit the blog or publish posts. You can review their post and click Publish Now! and it will go live, with their username as the author.

Another option would be to just add "submitted by so-and-so" at the bottom of the post body.

Form is loading...