Recent Topics

1 Mar 08, 2006 19:24    

Suddenly the 'upload image' feature errors out (but it has been working for the past several months). I browse to an image (under 96k), add a description and click upload. I then receive this error message:
-------------------------------------------------
Warning: move_uploaded_file(.../media/PFC_2.jpg): failed to open stream: Permission denied in .../admin/b2upload.php on line 149

Warning: move_uploaded_file(): Unable to move '/tmp/phpET7g5w' to '.../media/PFC_2.jpg' in .../admin/b2upload.php on line 149
Couldn't upload your file to: .../media/PFC_2.jpg
-------------------------------------------------

I have not altered the b2upload.php file, but I uploaded a fresh one (received the same error). As a temporary solution I am uploading images via FTP client and hand coding the image into the post.

The blog is at ThePowerPointBlog.com

Any ideas?

-Troy @ TLC

2 Mar 09, 2006 03:24

Well i guess your media folder is not writable ...
Maybe it's an update from your hosting service?

Indeed you have to give the write permissions to any user (chmod 777, or at least 755) in your media folder. You can do this via ftp in internet explorer or any ftp client.
I assume you are using IE: right click the media folder, select properties and check all the "write" column checkboxes. You're done!

3 Mar 09, 2006 05:02

Thanks for the information. I have done nothing to the directory, so must be something new with the hosting (?)...

Checked the folder and it was CHMOD'd to 755, changed to 777 and all works. Thanks!

Troy @ TLC

Form is loading...