Recent Topics

1 Mar 21, 2006 17:16    

I've read through documentation, the FAQ, and the forum and can't seem to find how to set my blogs to allow HREF elements in A tags. I've seen references to changing to transitional instead of XHTML (which would be fine with me) but not where to make that change.

I know I can include a URL but it displays the full URL. For example, when I mention a book I want to have the title of the book link to its full reference in another system. Displaying the full URL is ugly and a waste of space.

Anyone willing to help me with this?

Thanks!

2 Mar 21, 2006 17:27

You just use links as you would normaly :-
<a href="http://domain.com/page.htm" title="I'm some hover text">text to display for link</a>

¥

3 Mar 22, 2006 00:49

That isn't working on my installation, though. When I include a link like that in the body of a post, it responds with "Cannot update, Please correct these errors:
Tag <a> may not have attribute HREF"

It also won't let me have TITLE or TARGET attributes in <A>.

4 Mar 22, 2006 00:54

Woops! I just tried it with all lowercase (like your example) and it works fine. Appears that the elements are case-sensitive (which shouldn't happen with HTML). I used all uppercase (like <A HREF="" TARGET=""> out of habit since that is how I have done my web pages for the last 11 years.

Do you know where I could edit a file to get it to accept uppercase element labels?

5 Mar 22, 2006 00:58

I'd rather get you to use lowercase in your tags (which is the xhtml way) ;)

¥

6 Mar 22, 2006 18:44

I can live with that. Thank you for the quick response!!

Form is loading...