Recent Topics

1 Apr 08, 2006 08:02    

I downloaded this from the creator's website. Unless there is something wrong with every skin that can be used on 9.0.12 of the b2evolution blogs, I'm unable to see a download link for any of them.

Anyways ... I unzipped the download and transferred the files to my blog. I get three error messages when trying to use this template and noticed in the files, many are missing.

Did I download the wrong files?
Is this skin available for use on 9.0.12?

Here are the errors:

Warning: main(/home/xxxxx/public_html/xxxxx/journal/skins/Nautica022/_main.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/xxxxx/public_html/xxxxx/journal/b2evocore/_blog_main.php on line 266

Warning: main(/home/xxxxx/public_html/xxxxx/journal/skins/Nautica022/_main.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/xxxxx/public_html/xxxxx/journal/b2evocore/_blog_main.php on line 266

Fatal error: main(): Failed opening required '/home/xxxxx/public_html/xxxxx/journal/skins/Nautica022/_main.php' (include_path='.:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php') in /home/xxxxx/public_html/xxxxx/journal/b2evocore/_blog_main.php on line 266

2 Apr 08, 2006 08:31

The little "pointing down arrow" icon next to each skin's name is where the download is. Dunno where you downloaded the skin you're trying, but http://skins.b2evolution.net/a.php?skin=nautica2l is Nautica 2.2 Liquid for b2evolution, downloadable at http://skins.b2evolution.net/files/nautica2l.zip

Also check it out: it appears that it is a folder in a folder. You want the inner folder as the part you'll upload to your skins folder. In other words you'll want skins/nautica2l/_main.php and not skins/nautica2l/nautica2l/_main.php - and of course all the other files and folders inside the inner folder in the zip.

Oh and you really really really super really should consider upgrading to the .9.1 release before you get into tweaking your installation. An assortment of improvements exist, most notably how it shuts out spammers before they eat up a bunch of your server's life. Extreme bandwidth reduction.

3 Apr 08, 2006 16:27

Thank you :)

Oh and you really really really super really should consider upgrading to the .9.1 release before you get into tweaking your installation. An assortment of improvements exist, most notably how it shuts out spammers before they eat up a bunch of your server's life. Extreme bandwidth reduction.

I'm scared to death to upgrade. I have entries in my blog that I don't want to lose. Will upgrading remove anything that I have on it now?

4 Apr 08, 2006 17:17

Nope - your posts and comments are all stored in your database. Upgrading will change some aspects of your database, but it will not delete stuff. I gotta find a quick link to a write-up on the upgrade process, but it's not hard.

Backup all your files - especially conf/_config.php (because it has your connection info), your media folder if you've uploaded images and stuff, and your skin if you've customized it at all. Backup your database. My host gives me cpanel, and my cpanel has a 'backup' utility that lets me backup a database. You won't need it, but if you do you'll be happy you have it.

Go to the [url=http://b2evolution.net/downloads/index.html]download section[/url] and grab a copy of .9.1 then unzip it on your computer. Open the new version of conf/_config.php and the old one - the one you backed up. Copy/Paste 4 lines about your database connection, your baseurl, and your admin email ID from the old one to the new one. A bit under the admin email ID line there is a thing that says "config_is_done". Change it in the new file from a 0 to a 1.

Now delete ALL your b2evolution files from your server. Now upload all your new b2evolution files from your PC to your server. Now upload anything you had in your media folder to your new media folder.

Check it out. Reckon everything is fine, so throw a party. Lots of drunken women dancing on tables is a good idea. Oh and roasting a freshly slaughtered pig is always fun. And maybe a jousting tournament just because.

After you get out of jail go ahead and see if your skin still works nicely. Most of the stuff will still work with one major exception: there is no longer any publicly displayed stats. The idea is to tell the spammers there's no point in spamming.

Once you have your happy skin running tiptop you'll probably want to dedicate the rest of your life to blogging about saving pigs from being slaughtered and roasted on a spit, which might be one of the terms of your early release.

Or not :lol:

Form is loading...