Recent Topics

1 Apr 18, 2006 22:39    

Is there a way I can put some code into my main page that displays my blog? Or can I edit the main.php in a editor and just upload it again? I would like the blog on the first page of my site but not for it to bethe whole page. Please help, thank you.

Ian

2 Apr 21, 2006 03:21

I advise you to hit the Support link up top and poke around at Templates and Skins and see what you come up with. (Or maybe someone very ambitious here will tell you everything you should do...) :D

3 Apr 21, 2006 04:02

I looked at support but still couldn't find a way

5 Apr 21, 2006 04:33

I just want the blog in the main'first page of my site and be able to design around it

6 Apr 21, 2006 13:11

Hi,
All you need is to edit the _main.php file in your skin folder (/skins/*skin name*/_main.php).
This file is responsible for all the formatting (the other files in the skin folder are called by this _main.php file), so you have to locate where the posts start in this page (it should be near something like "if( isset($MainList) ) $MainList->display_if_empty();"), and insert your html block there to be displayed before your posts.

Be careful not to put your html in a php block: don't put it between "<?php" (or"<?") and "?>".

You might also want your html not to be displayed on every page, in this case tell where you want it do be displayed and where you don't want to, and I'll try to find the php "if" condition you should put...

*edit*: This is for 0.9.1, might work with phoenix anyway, but didn't test.

7 Apr 21, 2006 17:37

Hey Madz,

that is just what I want. I figured out how to edit the main php and change the look but I don't want that layout on every page like you said. So your help would be appreciatedgreatly.

Thank you,
Ian

8 Apr 21, 2006 18:10

Ok so just tell me where you want your own content to be added and on which areas you don't want to see it.

Ill' give you a common example: you may want your special content on the first page and not in "single mode" where you display only one post, nor on the second and other pages of posts, so that your code should look like:

<?php if (!($disp == 'single' || $paged > 1)) { ?>

your html block

<?php } ?>

With this example you can imagine what could be done by filtering the display with environment variables, just tell me what you exactly want...

9 Apr 21, 2006 19:08

Hi Madz,

I truly know very little about php. I don't even know if what I want is possible but I will try to tell you. This is the first page of my site: http://mycamera.fantaysia.com/ I would like to be able to put my blog into it without my main page intro and photos coming up when someone goes to add a comment and other b2e pages. Do you know what I mean? Is this possible?

Thank you

Form is loading...