Recent Topics

1 Apr 20, 2006 20:42    

Hello everyone!

I hope you can all bear with me as I am new to b2evolution and php in general. I have decent knowledge of HTML, CSS, etc. Here is my situation...

I created a staff-only blog to be accessed by staff members only and I got the users and permissions set up wonderfully. I used b2evolution's default "custom" layout as I thought that was the best for our situation. I made some changes to the _main.php file as well as to the custom.css file in order to get rid of "Top Referrers", move the Misc./Login box to the top, etc. All is working well.

1. However, I noticed that only the permalink icon, the time, Categories, Words, and language option shows up under the Post Details. How do I get the authorID to show up?

2. Secondly, I have a login page set up at http://bernards.mainlib.org/blog/ and I want to get rid of the e2evolution logo if possible. If that is not able to be done, I'd like to at least edit the login page to show Bernards Township Library somewhere so that fellow staff members know they are logging into the right page. I don't intend to take down e2evolution to try and implicate that this blog is my own creation, because I will still have it displayed everywhere else, including the coding on my blog.

3. How do I edit the header/banner to show a picture instead of the text that is filled out in the template wizard that I used when I set up the blog?

Thanks,

Ryan

2 Apr 20, 2006 22:23

Hello, welcome to the forum. :)

1. I'm looking around my b2evo install for something labeled "Post Details," but I'm not finding anything. Are you talking about in the backoffice, or in the actual blog in the Custom skin?

2. It looks like you found the file you needed to edit. I see an image there now.

3. Once again I'm not sure I know where's you're looking. Are you talking about the Blogs tab in the backoffice where you go to set up a new blog?

3 Apr 21, 2006 02:53

Hey - I don't care if the solution is in back office or if it is a hack/plugin, I just want to be able to display the author of the blog next to the time, or even next to the title of the blog.

I want to take out what is usually the Page Header (I could only figure out how to set up a text page header in back-office) to be an image.

Yes, I created a graphic and saved it the same title as the evolution .png file and uploaded it.

I don't care where the solution comes from I just need one.

personman wrote:

Hello, welcome to the forum. :)

1. I'm looking around my b2evo install for something labeled "Post Details," but I'm not finding anything. Are you talking about in the backoffice, or in the actual blog in the Custom skin?

2. It looks like you found the file you needed to edit. I see an image there now.

3. Once again I'm not sure I know where's you're looking. Are you talking about the Blogs tab in the backoffice where you go to set up a new blog?

4 Jul 09, 2006 21:20

Hmm I know I'm bumping an old post, but I was I just looking at this post and its something I want to do. Can someone post the answer?

:) ty

5 Jul 09, 2006 21:43

jamieM, can you restate what you want to do.

Form is loading...